When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something I do not do, but in this case.

Gentlemen, there has been a tragedy; my good friend Legend and one of our most prominent members has lost his Mom, home and all his worldly possessions in a tragic fire . I have researched customs in Singapore and a monetary gift to help with funeral expenses is appropriate. Legend's generosity here is well known helping other members ,supporting RWG through our raffles and countless other ways, I think it is only fitting that we return in kind. So send what you can to  PP  mvmsr22@gmail.com   , a little goes a long way there are many of us. In closing, I can not think of a person here more deserving of our support at this time , our prayers and heartfelt sorrow are with him.

• Like 1

Mike as you and I have spoken, this is a huge tragedy. Nothing can be more devastating than suddenly and without warning have your whole life as you know it come crashing down in pieces. The loss of possessions is nothing, they can be replaced. The loss of loved ones is the real tragedy. They cannot be replaced.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Alvin and his family. I can certainly empathize with him during these times of intense grief.

Alvin, my friend, if you are reading or should read these posts at a later date, please know that your friend down here in the Deep South is thinking about you and your family.

Guys as to question of amounts whatever you can, it is more the gesture of concern and respect. I am humbled by the response so far.

As I knew not the customs there our guys in Singapore answered my request for proper etiquette: "typically family/friends will contribute some money as a token from their heart to help with the financial cost of funeral preparation."  so it is what we are doing.

It´s always terrible when tragedy suddenly strikes. So sorry to hear this sad news. It is never easy to loose a parent, no matter your age. I pray for your peace and comfort as you continue to rebuild your life, Legend. A fighting Falcon never surrenders. Words are never adequate in moments like these. May God's peace be with you. We from rwg hope that the love of family and friends will comfort and strengthen you in the days ahead.

Sincerest regards

Bro, I'm so so sorry to hear of this. I can't start to imagine how you're feeling. All I can say is if there is anything I can do from my side please let me know.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to your family and you.

My brother from another mother... a name given to me from Lanikai and now passed on to you.  Alvin, some day you will find these messages from your brothers and they will bring you peace.  You are strong, you are a warrior.  But in your strength do not forget to remain flexible.  The strongest rod is broken when it cannot bend.

I pray for you, and your father and grandfather.  I hope they come home soon from the hospital.  I am sorry for the loss of your dear mother.  This is a wound that will never heal, but I pray that you find peace with it and welcome its pain when it reminds you how great she was.

And now from Henry the Fifth ... there was never a better time to give this quote.  We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.

By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God’s peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man’s company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call’d the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam’d,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say “To-morrow is Saint Crispian.”
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say “These wounds I had on Crispian’s day.”
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he’ll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

• Like 3

I too am very sorry to hear this tragic news. I can’t image going through this. MOAB, thanks for posting this, the gesture of offering the forums help & support. I’m sure Legend is very grateful to have friends and support during this time of tragedy.

Dave…  

So sorry to hear of this tragedy.  Legend is such a thoughtful and giving person who is always there to support others.  It is our turn to support him.  

MOAB, thank you!  

My thoughts and prayers go out to A and his family.  May the universe bring blessings in your time of need.