When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen or rep?

Most collectors don't drive a Lamborghini or Mercedes you know

+1. The relationship between car and watch ownership has been discussed many times.

I know of 2 Toyota owners who wear genuine high end luxury watches and also of at least 3 Porsche/Maserati owners who own rep timepieces made by noob and JF. Judge not the authencity of watches from the cars of the wearers. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

The voice of experience. Nice to see you A!

Like the terminator my brother of a different mother. I've very few watches now, though my spirit is stronger and my will to progress even stronger.

I guess that when I dispense advice to others now, pertaining to being strong, they would have no choice but to believe my sincerity big B. ;)

Like the terminator my brother of a different mother. I've very few watches now, though my spirit is stronger and my will to progress even stronger.

I guess that when I dispense advice to others now, pertaining to being strong, they would have no choice but to believe my sincerity big B. ;)

Your watches are Quality Mr. A.

Great to see you back!

Anyway, back to the original question: the watch is likely a rep looking at the inner bezel.

The fact that the line between gen and rep divers is blurred to such an extent, shows the success of the reps for the recent iterations. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I drive a replica Mercedes Benz SL 600. The shipping from China is a killer. You can't imagine what it costs to buy your own shipping container! I only drive it when I wear my gen IWC grand complication.

Dashboard and Steering says to me car is a VW Touareg , so car is worth at least 3x the watch ( if gen , than if rep you do the math ) but for this who dont VW does have some hell of expensive sedans like the vw phaeton ... the watch i hope its rep that would a reason more for me to buy it and combine it with my Smart 700cc ;)

• Like 1