When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old Silver & Steel a story of The beautiful Thing that makes us love and have faith In humanity

Ezio

Just Wanted to show this gem of mine

This pocket watch was gifted to my great grandfather In 1924 when he was 15

It was stolen from me 10 years ago In a house break In and yesterday i Got a visit by The police which gave it back to me it was found In a yard sale In a polish town which was bought by a old watchsmith and he found The engraving on The back interesting he decided to search to find out more about it two years later he's search finally gave something a old family three of my family online showed The engraving on top of The three it was the crest of my family he Then decided to look Into it more contacting The churchs arxhives and Got more info about my family and found out it was reported stolen In 2005 he Then tried to find members of my Living family and get In contact but wasnt succesful he Then decided to contact The Danish police where they with great joy handed over something that no money ever Can buy a piece of my origin a piece of my history

They gave me a note he wrote to me explaining he's story

Mr Bartkowiak Will forever be in my heart and Will forever be in he's depth

Lastly to my surprise it still ticks after all these years 91 to be exact

post-61085-0-72967700-1434833933_thumb.j

• Like 2

That is a great story!! Amazing how some folks intellectual curiosity will compel them to read and research far more than the average person. Luckily for you your watch was fated to fall into the hands I'd such a person. Great that you got it back, and kudos to the curious watchmaker who made it possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk