When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rollex Deep Sea Dweller normal or 51mm?

cavi

I like my normal Sea Dweller, but I wish it was larger, so I am obviously looking at the Deep Sea Dweller, but I see the normal version at 43/43mm and a Challenge version at 51mm.  I have never seen either but I am wondering if the 51mm is not too large.  I have a Bretling Navitimer and it is almost too large and I am guessing it is only 47mm.  Am I wrong or is the 51mm going to be too big?  I guess I could get both...

Ok I am 8.65 and the DSSD wears top heavy due to a few factors first it's thick as a brick but most of all same bracelet as small ones, but some like it. On the 51 run hard and fast away from that behemoth can not imagine how it must  feel on, it is a paper weight/conversation piece not a watch to wear.

Yeah, the challenge was not designed to be worn on a wrist. They designed it to be strapped onto the side of James Cameron's sub when he did the dive. They only made a handful of them, too. It is on a bracelet but there's no way you could actually wear it.

James Cameron brought one of the existing pieces on Jimmy Fallon last year and they were joking about how it is literally like putting a brick on your wrist. He said they never intended it to be worn and that's why it isn't being made other than the pieces that have already been completed.

That thing is huge!!! There aren't many guys who could pull this one off. Probably like having a small brick on your wrist. Buy two and wear one on each wrist, no need to go to the gym, arm workouts at your desk!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk