When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 DRSD - My first build

Champagnesky

Hi! Just wanted to show my first build. I would really appreciate some feedback from you guys. Unfortunately the watch is not waterproof, I think it's because the xtal retainer has worn out. Sorry for the bad pics with the fingerprints :)

The specs:

Case - Cartel. Reshaped, aged and polished. Lug holes drilled.

Caseback - Cartel. Aged, the paint in the engravings removed.

Bezel assemby - Cartel. Ssteel made some work to tighten it.

Bezel insert - Yuki. Had it in bleach for 15 min for a slight faded effect.

Bezel insert pearl - Yuki, relumed by Big Daz

Crown - Gen vintage 703.

Dial - Whoopy 1665 DRSD mk2, lumed by Big Daz.

Hands - Clarks, lumed by Big Daz.

Datewheel - Polexpete silver dw. Installed by Ssteel.

Crystal - Sternkreuz t39.

2834-2 movement, regulated by Ssteel.

Endlinks - WSO 580.

Bracelet - Unknown maker. Hope TC starts doing 93150 soon :)

Clasp - not sure but I think its a TC 93250 v5

post-64330-0-96549700-1435158088_thumb.j
post-64330-0-92293600-1435158089_thumb.jpost-64330-0-00401800-1435158091_thumb.jpost-64330-0-95422800-1435158091_thumb.jpost-64330-0-03539300-1435158093_thumb.jpost-64330-0-91776800-1435158093_thumb.jpost-64330-0-97510300-1435158094_thumb.jpost-64330-0-96430600-1435158095_thumb.j
  • Like 2

This looks really great!

One thing I notice, and this is only because it is driving me nuts with my own watch at the moment, is your springbar on the 12 o'clock side appears to be either incorrectly seated in the lugs, or the dimensions of the pins are off and are a bit short.  Which bars are you using?  I have a set of gen spec Yuki bars and the internal springs literally snapped while I was trying to fit my WSO 580 end links.  On one of the bars you can slide one pin forward and it will push the other one out - they behave like they are connected to each other now.  LOL

I am sure most people don't even notice that and I wouldn't either, but because I'm fighting with my endlinks and a broken bar, I just noticed it.  :)

• Like 1

This looks really great!

One thing I notice, and this is only because it is driving me nuts with my own watch at the moment, is your springbar on the 12 o'clock side appears to be either incorrectly seated in the lugs, or the dimensions of the pins are off and are a bit short. Which bars are you using? I have a set of gen spec Yuki bars and the internal springs literally snapped while I was trying to fit my WSO 580 end links. On one of the bars you can slide one pin forward and it will push the other one out - they behave like they are connected to each other now. LOL

I am sure most people don't even notice that and I wouldn't either, but because I'm fighting with my endlinks and a broken bar, I just noticed it. :)

Thx. I tried to fix this, but the second pin doesent wanto to come out the whole way. Im using some pins i bought on ebay.

Nice job for your first build!

Congrats!

I'd try and take a little meat off the bottom of the crown guards near the case, and maybe shorten then just a smidgen to get a more gen profile to them.

I like the fat font insert, but personally I like the flat top 4's on the older model subs.

PeFuupD.jpg

Edited by CharlieUK