When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V6F 15400 with "A3120" movement or 15400 from TF factory?

Revere

Was looking through Toro's website and saw he has two nice 15400s, one is the V6F with A3120 movement and the other from the TF factory with the miyota.

I've been out of the loop on APs for a while. What's the story with the A3120 model? Is the movement decent? How does that model compare to the TF in terms of bezel screws, etc?

I'd link them, but I don't have 5 posts yet, so I can't.

Thanks guys

It's hard to say..

The V6F is the latest version and it looks perfect despite two points:
- The AP Logo is not correct
- The case is 1,5mm thicker as per genuine which is a lot when you keep in mind this is a "slim" watch

These new ones have a Miyota 1915 movements but are decorated to make it looks like an AP Calibre 3120 movement. Looks pretty good tho :)

It's hard to say..

The V6F is the latest version and it looks perfect despite two points:

- The AP Logo is not correct

- The case is 1,5mm thicker as per genuine which is a lot when you keep in mind this is a "slim" watch

These new ones have a Miyota 1915 movements but are decorated to make it looks like an AP Calibre 3120 movement. Looks pretty good tho :)

Do you mean the miyota 9015? Shame to hear about the thickness, IMO that's a worse offense than having a slightly defective logo.

Don't forget the fact that the hour markers are terrible on the Miyota versions

How do you mean that they're terrible? Are they terrible at macro level, or even at a distance? They seem alright to me, comparing to the gen.

Is the alternative a version with a 2824 or 2836?

Do you mean the miyota 9015? Shame to hear about the thickness, IMO that's a worse offense than having a slightly defective logo.

How do you mean that they're terrible? Are they terrible at macro level, or even at a distance? They seem alright to me, comparing to the gen.

Is the alternative a version with a 2824 or 2836?

I can spot the difference in a second. Even at arms length. The BP (with a 2836 movement) version has the most accurate hour markers, but it has other flaws.

Yes I ment the 9015, my bad :p

But that is a deal breaker for me aswel, just hoping to get some news on the new J12 factory versions.... this takes so long already :(

I can spot the difference in a second. Even at arms length. The BP (with a 2836 movement) version has the most accurate hour markers, but it has other flaws.

Yes I ment the 9015, my bad :p

But that is a deal breaker for me aswel, just hoping to get some news on the new J12 factory versions.... this takes so long already :(

Interesting, guess I'll be ordering the Miyota undecorated version (so I guess the TF version?) if I go with anything soon. I hear the 2836 version has thickness issues and other similar problems?

Any idea on when the J12 might be coming out? If it's soon enough, I wouldn't mind waiting!

Interesting, guess I'll be ordering the Miyota undecorated version (so I guess the TF version?) if I go with anything soon. I hear the 2836 version has thickness issues and other similar problems?

Any idea on when the J12 might be coming out? If it's soon enough, I wouldn't mind waiting!

J12 is coming in a couple of months (2-3) according to a source in Taiwan.

Is that Blue or Black? The photo looks Black.

Anyone have an idea of what TD will have the new J12 version?  I'd be interested in a pre-production sample if one is for sale now.