When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice: OP 6694 vs Air King 114200

DaiKel

Hi all! I have a bit of a dilemma I'd hope to get advices from the experts here.

I have a 80s 6694 I've acquired recently. Not sure when was it last serviced but it seems to be in good shape. I also have bought a 114200 silver dial blue indices air king which I like too.

I'm trying to pick one as a daily watch and I can't decide which one. I like the date function of 6694 but not sure if it's durable as a daily beater (I know that should be its purpose but for an 80s watch? I dunno...) as I wonder if humidity in HK would do it any good versus locking it up in a winder. I heard that old watches are better to be worn often than put aside though. On the other hand the air king is sturdy as a tank but obviously without a date function.

Any tips? Cheers and happy Friday!

Since this will be a daily wear piece, that hand wind in the 6694 might get a little tiresome. Maybe not, though. I really like the 6694, personally. Been looking at them myself.

An argument for the Air King is it is auto and not having a date you never have to worry about setting the date. Just wear and go.

Good choices, either way. Post pics of whichever you decide on!

I'm with Mendota here, the 6694 's only drawback is the daily winding- it could be wear and tear on the crown and tube as opposed to the AK which you maybe adjust timewise once, twice, three times a month.

I like the 1500 Date model from the same time period as the 6694- automatic and w/ date and typically not much more than the 6694 costwise.

• Like 1