When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Permanent Link removal...

PAM-snob

Hey folks I'm trying to remove the permanent links of a TC 93250 ( the ones stamped "93250" that connect to the SEL). I need to do this without damaging them as I'm wanting to reuse them with my Gen bracelet that is missing these links. I know Rolex had a special tool for this, so I was wondering if anyone here has such a tool??

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Regards,

Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard, there has been a thread about this a while ago, currently not able to find it.

To my knowledge there is no tool available for purchase to do the job.

Bracelet restoration service provider have their own tools, custom build.

Though, if you are imaginative and hands on you can build something by yourself:

VddGcRy.png

Image is I think self explanatory. This is the easiest, cheapest way to do a tool like that, without damaging the links.

The pliers got to be strong enough, file down the tips to achieve this profile so the small tips enter and engage only the inner surface of the links. Press the opposite side of the bracelet against a wooden block (to avoid injury when the pliers open the link rapidly). THen push the pliers´ tips to stay inside the links while pressing the whole assembly against the wooden block and pressing the handles of the pliers to open the link.

Had done this on a few bracelets and it works perfectly! No damage to the bracelet inks at all.

Good luck!

Edited by blue.

Thank you blue. for your detailed response and explanation. I'm gonna give this a try if no one comes forward with the proper tool. I'm guessing the pliers are spring loaded at the handle ? Can you send a pic of the entire tool please?

Thanks again.

Bump ...for any other suggestions ...

The suggestion that blue gave is about all there is for that question. You have to gently pry the permanent links apart, as said it's been done and posted before. Good luck!

• 2 years later...