When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs In Greece is crazy!

Hi to all members! As you all know i have been dealing with reps for many years now ......so here it goes:

30 days ago i have made an order from my trusted dealer in china.....a gmt2....the watch was packed and send out with EMS.....it was stoped in GREECE Thessaloniki in customs....nobody informed me by telephone that the watch was stoped...when i contact customs they said that it is a High value replica and they have to destroy it....the will send me a document that they destroy the watch and i have to pay also a fee because its ilegal.....hehehe!

I told my dealer that the watch was seized by customs and send me out a NEW gmt2 7 days ago...he did it because we have so many years of friendly reactions and many many many watches send out to me.....so the second watch was send to me with DHL and NEW ad and name.....the same sad thing hapened.....today DHL contact me to say that i have to pay 45 euros to DHL and i have to wait for customs to open the package and give me a fee.....or destroy it or i dont know what they want to do.....

So i have to INFORM my friends from GREECE that custom are gone crazy in GREECE......and watch out when you order from china.......

So 2 Rolies are on the wrist of some f....ing  custom motherf.....rs......beware!!!!!!! :pimp:

So now they are stopping Yours too, like in the rest of strict continental EU for the last Years already. Looks like You will have to start paying the (working) triangle shipping fees to get them safely and deal with the 3-4 weeks waiting time. And You´re here for long, almost 9 Years, wow.

Good luck for the next one.

Same thing happened with me about two months ago... :(

I ordered 3 watches from my TD and I received a phone call from DHL that they are gonna have to open the package and make an estimation of the value so I'll pay in order to let it go...

No Matter what I told them (they are gifts from a friend etc) nothing worked..

I contacted my TD and we agreed to a refund..

My next order was sent with simple airmail... No issues at all.. It took 2 weeks to arrive in Greece but everything went smooth...

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G925F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I called and asked why my package was stopped.. And they replied that they have to open it and see what's inside..

And then they will estimate the cost in order to release it...

I told them that the watches are gifts from a friend back from the ERA of university and I never called them back to negotiate it

Sadly guys anything which has China as the country of origin will be scanned more thoroughly and also i think the customs guys have cottoned onto what the package is likely to be be, so they either keep it for themselves or sell them on. I'm now doing more and more trans shipping on a daily basis for guys in the EU. If the package comes from the UK then they tend to just pass through without any issues. Same in Germany,Scandinavia etc

Cheers DH

My suggestion after my sad experience is this one : if you are afraid that you will face customs issues, go for the simple "air mail"

It's cheaper and much more safe than courier services like ems, DHL, ups etc etc

I just heared today Prime Minister of Greece talking on europian parliament......he said that he gave an order to customs to search almost everithing that comes inside Greece to deal with illegal items and rep items.....so now we have to be carefull in Greece.....and this crisis is going on and on ..even to customs.....so for me now its triangle delivery from now on.

BTW thanks for your replies.!!