When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Oyster Cosmograph: a wonderful gesture from a long term member

Stephane

What a great gesture. Love the watch. I was confused about the ability of a 7750 to operate with asymmetrical pushers and I asked the question some years ago. I was told (and I have no reason to doubt it) that the areas on the outside of the movement where the start/stop/reset pushers make contact are not small specific points but more like elongated plates which means the pushers do not have to be in an exact place. Just as long as they make contact with the plate at some point along its length the functions of the watch work fine. I hope this explanation (which is from memory) makes sense and that the info I received then, is accurate. Makes sense to me, because as you know these rep daytonas which have A7750 movements can be found inside non-asymmetrical cases as well as asymmetrical ones and I find it difficult to believe that the movements are modified to function, it would cost too much n'est ce pas?

What a great gesture. Love the watch. I was confused about the ability of a 7750 to operate with asymmetrical pushers and I asked the question some years ago. I was told (and I have no reason to doubt it) that the areas on the outside of the movement where the start/stop/reset pushers make contact are not small specific points but more like elongated plates which means the pushers do not have to be in an exact place. Just as long as they make contact with the plate at some point along its length the functions of the watch work fine. I hope this explanation (which is from memory) makes sense and that the info I received then, is accurate. Makes sense to me, because as you know these rep daytonas which have A7750 movements can be found inside non-asymmetrical cases as well as asymmetrical ones and I find it difficult to believe that the movements are modified to function, it would cost too much n'est ce pas?

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, makes totally sense. Indeed it would be trop cher ;-)

Spin used to remove the rotor and remove the auto-winding gears. Maybe it's one of his builds?

Yup....I have one same Clapton DW built by Spin with winding mechanism and rotor removed. The original was a Rolex caliber 727 manual wind, me thinks!

Gen 7835's aren't that expensive and fit OK on a DW case. These are 357 endlinks.

IMG_20150110_163827_zpsad879030.jpg

Tom, do you by chance have side view pic of the end link fitment at the lug. I'm interested how much the end link covers the lug....does that make sense. I know some end links are not tall enough and leave a big gap at the top.

Thanks!