When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Lovers ATTENTION - Finally Custom New Shoes for my CrPO

Mapman57

Last week I made a Panerai pilgrimage to the beautiful region of Tuscany and in particular to the areas of Firenze, La Spezia and Portofino. You can read more about that in the Panerai forum.

IMG_2210_zpsksihluxz.jpg

During the trip I was able to spend some quality time with my favourite strap makers in Firenze - Distefano straps. Both Simona and Chris could not have been more helpful and accomodating, if you ever get the chance to call in then do so!

I was hoarding and buying far too many Panerai related straps and buckles (as it is so easy to do!) when we began to discuss my frustration with my beloved genuine Omega CrPO - in that the OEM straps and deploys were exorbitant in price and limited in style and range (IMHO). Simply put, I had not found anything quite suitable as an alternative. The CrPO is a robust sports/diver watch and needed something equally rugged, but oozing quality and finish to complement it.

So after too much debate and examination of many, many 22mm straps, we arrived at the following combinations, which I absolutely recommend to all PO owners - Gen and Rep alike!

A key aspect for me was the buckle - gen Omega Seamaster buckles are only available up to 20mm and are quite lightweight in construction. I wanted something that balanced with the lines of the Omega midcase and Simona found a perfect match for me! The finish and chamfered cuts to the surfaces are an amazing, complimentary match to the the case lugs and chamfers on the midcase.

As my watch was wearing the OEM black with orange stitch rubber and deploy, we started the day by mounting up an example with that same colour.

IMG_0604_zpsx59tbk9n.jpg

Can you see what I mean on the buckle finish and style?

IMG_0606_zps3uji3os9.jpg

IMG_0605_zpsmcstn8aj.jpg

IMG_0608_zpsxjif0ocs.jpg

IMG_0609_zpsyh7r7rfx.jpg

IMG_0612_zpsl1db5y6q.jpg

IMG_0607_zpszhgkxys5.jpg

Then the dreaded 'Panerai malaise' set in................why have one new strap when I could have several?

This tan version just complements the orange indices so well  - what do you think?

IMG_0614_zpsxybpkv4h.jpg

.....and is quite in keeping with the original Omega styling highlights.

IMG_0618_zpsdz5sbf54.jpg

Just cant get enough of the buckle!

IMG_0620_zpssh8vqvvh.jpg

IMG_0623_zpscfi6c1dp.jpg

A couple of wristies of course.

IMG_0629_zpszn6sbmin.jpg

IMG_0630_zpsi9tuoobq.jpg

And just enough tail.............these DS Saddle straps can be made in a range of standard and custom sizes.

IMG_0628_zpsh1a8wsqh.jpg

IMG_0633_zpsmlvaxefb.jpg

IMG_0634_zps8g5unbnj.jpg

One of my new set of straps enjoyed its lunch in Portofino harbour - but who wouldn't?

IMG_0785_zpsfisc5am1.jpg

IMG_2227_zpssdahcfjo.jpg

IMG_0816_zpshwfxixle.jpg

IMG_0828_zps3vf0jzen.jpg

IMG_0797_zpspsyppyfx.jpg

IMG_0814_zpsu1hekun4.jpg

Thanks for reading if you got this far!

And just to see if you are really paying attention............

IMG_2069_zpscthkmjr9.jpg
  • Like 2

In general I am not a fan of anything but the bracelet on the planet ocean but I must say that those straps with that buckle are a nice combo. Now if they just sold those steel endlinks for the Omega like they do for the Rolex...

Good.rite up.and great photos, thanks for sharing.

Those chamfered edges really do set off the mid-case quite nicely on that piece!  I especially like the orangish tan colored strap with the PO.

It's a shame though, on the black strap, that the lug stitching is ever so slightly off between the two sides @ the 6:00 lugs.  Otherwise, spectacular leather work, as expected from Simona!