When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1665 comex ** Phong ETA **

AndyFors

It looks like it would be an expensive replica- he doesn't show pricing, but the 1665 case is $1650 and I'm sure a dial is $400 plus or minus. Best movement would be an eta 2846-2.

He shows building a 1665 with you supplying the 1570 movement for $2750- so if you supplied a 2846-2 which say you bought for $250, you have a SD for $3000.

That's way too much IMO to spend on a rep.

Some of our members have made some really amazing 1665 builds using other base watches and parts.  I would be really curious to know what total dollar amount they have put into those builds when they are all said and done.  Then compare those builds to this complete kit for $1,650.  Would those other builds be approaching this same dollar amount or are they less?

I never could get the $1650 price to come up on the Phong site, but that is a better deal- especially if the case and dial are of good quality.

But I'm still happy with my PT 1665 from 6 years ago- MBW dial, 2846-2, 703 crown and tube, jmb crystal retention ring and a nice GS crystal- think I spent around $400. It's WR also.

Sorry for the fuzzy pic

P1010106.jpg

If I were going to do it again, I'd probably do the PT again if it's still around.

Too bad the MBW cases aren't around anymore- they were pretty nice but also needed some mods to make them work.

@panerai153 - which dial is this? It looks fantastic.

I need to go back and look, it was over 5 years ago. Seems like it came from the same place as the one Freddy has on his 1665, but I wouldn't swear to it. I'll check tonite:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only problem I see on the phong watch is it has a crappy ETA date wheel in the pic on the site which means it's A. in the wrong position and B. you can't use an original date wheel as an overlay as 1570's rotate in the opposite direction the ETA!

You would need an aftermarket overlay but the ETA dial option may not quite work with it.

Edited by watcher