When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1016 hands

Lo'

• 3 weeks later...

So the hands arrived yesterday but I was able to pick it up at the concierge only tonight. I have just finished fitting it on a spare movement with my service dial.

I'd say this is the way to go!

Hour and second hands are clones of TC's in shape, length, width of the lume areas, diameter of the lollipops etc. The minute one possesses the same width and lumed area but is definitely longer thus looking much better on a 1016 than TC's.

Here are a couple of shots:

9508fd0b699a13dbc3617955e6fd76af.jpg

59e21181169292e1ced4d2b906480d0f.jpg

aeebc1b82b6a38060c7f7df2b50ceb4c.jpg

sent forn mungalaxy jote 3 usong tapatalk and this crappy onsc4een keyolboars

• Like 1

Lo, thanks for sharing the pictures :)

The combo does look very interesting indeed. That minute hand length is very tempting.

Would be cool if those hands would become a bit more convex surface, that adds some more value, especially when reflections start to move on the hands.

Lo, thanks for sharing the pictures default_smile.png

The combo does look very interesting indeed. That minute hand length is very tempting.

Would be cool if those hands would become a bit more convex surface, that adds some more value, especially when reflections start to move on the hands.

Hey Blue,

This is the least thing I can do for the community.

Bear in mind that I took the shots with 2x zoom under the harshest possible light to avoid projecting the phone shadow on the dial and clearly show that the tip reaches past the minute markers. As such the hands might look flatter and less smooth than they really are. I'll try taking more shots tomorrow morning under direct sunlight with a dslr.

I wonder if there has been any modding work to try and give flat hands a more curved shape. I have tried this before with some cheap hands, for about half an hour, and the results seemed promising. I didn't continue because it was a matter of curiosity, and not necessity in my case!

Those hands look great. Any intention to relume to match the dial more closely?

Hi all, as promised I'm dropping another couple of pics which, I hope, are clear enough to show that HR hands are not bad at all. I personally am not very concerned about the flatness of the hands. What I find would need more work is the broadness of the lume area which, on gens appears to be a tad wider.

Does anybody have an angle with Helena that would allow us to request the creation of "custom" sets?

2b710511c3c5d698189a5415770548f9.jpg

e1fbab02114d1fc30dcafbb0e62a0008.jpg

I wonder if there has been any modding work to try and give flat hands a more curved shape. I have tried this before with some cheap hands, for about half an hour, and the results seemed promising. I didn't continue because it was a matter of curiosity, and not necessity in my case!

Those hands look great. Any intention to relume to match the dial more closely?

Hi Carlos,

The dial in the pics has got no lume, once I succeed in getting agreed with a modder I'll have both the dial and hands relumed. I just wish I' d be able to do that myself....

On a side note I think that HR's second hand is spot on with gen, since the lollipop sits at exactly the right distance from the hand tip, and the bottom has the correct length while TC's is a bit too short. The lollipop itself should be a little larger but I have seen gens with a smaller lollipop therefore I (empirically) think that this should not be an issue.

Lo´thanks for uploading new images! The HR hands do look pretty good in fact and are a very nice alternative to TC´s.

Maybe a few thoughts from my side. The seconds hand does look excellent. The length of the minute hand is excellent too.

Regarding the overall shape, lume area cutouts:

- in my perspective the hands lack sufficient convexity, which would add some amazing reflections

- the cutouts of the hands are a tad too tight, meaning that the merc frame and minute hand inner cutout are too small.

- the seconds hand is acceptable, though if we have to look 1:1 in comparison with the gen, the lume dot would have to be with much sharper frame, not so soft edges (TC´s seconds hand is quite spot on in this aspect).

Here is a references from gen 1016 hands:

r9kRjEr.pngQcTD0KB.pngmL43G2b.pngXPiKkfR.png

Actually, the best way to judge those details is to see it in person, where the light dances over each chrome element. And here is the opportunity for it:

Edited by blue.

Lo´thanks for uploading new images! The HR hands do look pretty good in fact and are a very nice alternative to TC´s.

Maybe a few thoughts from my side. The seconds hand does look excellent. The length of the minute hand is excellent too.

Regarding the overall shape, lume area cutouts:

- in my perspective the hands lack sufficient convexity, which would add some amazing reflections

- the cutouts of the hands are a tad too tight, meaning that the merc frame and minute hand inner cutout are too small.

- the seconds hand is acceptable, though if we have to look 1:1 in comparison with the gen, the lume dot would have to be with much sharper frame, not so soft edges (TC´s seconds hand is quite spot on in this aspect).

Here is a references from gen 1016 hands:

Actually, the best way to judge those details is to see it in person, where the light dances over each chrome element. And here is the opportunity for it:

Hi Blue, thank you for the value you add to your replies through pictures and videos...:notworthy:

Lume area cutout aside, for the which there is no solution, do you think that it would be possible to work on the major issues with some very soft sanding paper, or would that mean chipping the chrome away?

Lo´ it makes sense to tryout to re-polish the hour and minute hands on lets say a solid edge where the hands a fixed and the person trying to achieve a convexity re-polishing.

But I am afraid the hands have a layer of chrome above as mirror finish.

If someone has a spare set to try it out it may work out and would see if there is a layer of chrome finish above or not.