When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Legend's Mods, here are mine.

If you folks remember a couple of months back, Legend offered a mod package for AP ROO's that brought them up several notches on the "Believability scale" The mods  addressed two problems that separated the stock ROO with the A7750 movement from the genuine or the Franken ROO's with gen dials, the position of the DW relative to the Tachy and the size of the ring on the hour hand. Later he came up with a couple of other goodies, one being the Cyclops mod to make the Cyclops more "gen like" and a better DW. Another mod that Legend recommended was the replacement of the a7750 mainspring with a stronger ETA 7750 mainspring.  considering that both of the watches I sent him needed a service, I opted to have the mainsprings changed as well.

As everyone knows already, Legend is a Prince of a fellow, one of the nicest folks around, and a joy to work with.

I got the watches back yesterday, and frankly, I was very pleased with the results. the hand mod is very noticeable, as the stock hour hands on the a7750 is quite a bit larger in diameter than the genuine hands.

The two watches I sent were a White Dial Rubberclad and a Safari. both watches got all the mods, except the Safari tachy ring was not shaved.

Here are some photos I took of the two after putting the straps back on.

The White Dial Rubberclad had a previous trip to Vac who relumed the hands, it glows like a torch!! The Safari of course has no lume. The RC is on a Black Gator from SMP lover, the Safari is on a gen AP Safari hornback. Both of these are the newer straps that take the 20mm tang buckle, which I find much more comfortable than the 18mm deployant straps/clasp.

post-327-0-25517400-1438135349_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-66999400-1438135365_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-61587700-1438135381_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-63717300-1438135395_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-29085600-1438135409_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-76538700-1438135421_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It has been my pleasure and privilege working with you Big A. 

You're one of the most respected member of RWG and your opinion and feedback matters to me a lot. 

Thank you for your kind patience and understanding throughout the process sir.

The watches are very beautiful and I am proud to be a small part of their fantastic journey. Wear them wear my friend. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi there

May I know how you mod the Audemars Piguet watch to look alike 99% genuine?

Hi Anna, 99% is subjective.

You could have a stock rep on the wrist and not get called out by 99% of the population, or you could have a heavily modded rep and it gets spotted by a wrist geek.

It's mostly about how you carry the watch off, and on a deeper level, the flaws you could and couldn't live with.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather