When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Burberry Coat

Rep clothing I've seen is terrible, I've bought rep Burberry scarves and shirts from ken before (not coats) and I won't do it again.

What I do now is buy second hand on ebay.

I got an amazing vintage burberry trench for under $100, had it tailored so it fits like a glove for $70, so all in $170 and it fits, looks awesome, and people with modern burberry love the vintage tartan colors and pattern.

;)

What was the quality like?

Obvious replicas? Or would you need to be an expert to judge?

The quality of the softgoods isn't too bad, I haven't handled the gen so can't do too much comparison.

As for the burberry trench I wish I could find one on ebay for anywhere near that price, but being in Australia and a very small size does not help at all.

Burberry is an extremely overrated brand with mediocre quality. Prorsum saves a little bit of face.

In the US we have tons of sales , even at their outlets.

Websites like MyHabit.com or BelleandClive also have good deals when they have a flash sale. Burberry has twice a year online sale. Slickdeals tracks those pretty well

it is not that the replicas are made of bad quality. But the original is pure crap to begin with. Tag and nova check is all they have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep clothing I've seen is terrible, I've bought rep Burberry scarves and shirts from ken before (not coats) and I won't do it again.

What I do now is buy second hand on ebay.

I got an amazing vintage burberry trench for under $100, had it tailored so it fits like a glove for $70, so all in $170 and it fits, looks awesome, and people with modern burberry love the vintage tartan colors and pattern.

;)

With classic styles and well made clothing, this is absolutely top notch and smart advice. Burberry trenches are so well made that they will last for decades - literally. My dad got his most recent one in the early 1980s in London and it is still in fantastic condition from daily wear. My parents bought me one for college graduation 21 years ago. Full length, top of the line trench with the removable liner for winter/summer use. It is so classic that it will never go out of style. With that said, I hardly ever wear it because I work from home. :P Maybe there is a quality difference now, or maybe some of you have bought lower end stuff, but the top of the line Burberry from the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s is excellent. The stitching and fabrics are fantastic and they wear extremely well. Cheap stuff will fray and begin to wear out quickly from daily use. Suits, jackets, sport coats, things like this are all over the place second hand. Estate sales, Ebay, consignment shops...