When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are some of the coolest Sunglasses to wear?

katelens

For those interested in some more niche high quality sunglasses: I swear by Barton Perreira, Mykita and Oliver Peoples.

I have some Ray Bans and a D&G collecting dust since I discovered the brands above. The quality difference is rather big, the price difference is not that big. 

• 2 months later...

Actually ,there isnt a specific "cool" brand or type ,choose what fits you face best!

The thing too look for is the lenses ,make sure they are gen and have all the UV ratings.

Now there are some nicely made ones but most are typically built the same .........most sunglasses brands are built by LUXOTTICA an Italian brand (yes even Rayban is owned by them)

http://www.luxottica.com/en/eyewear-brands

If you choose to gate a pair for driving try to choose with polarizing lenses........they help allot cut out glass reflections and road reflections  from the sun.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate wearing glasses, but I do have a pair of maui jims that look like the aviators but much better quality and have amazing polarized lens. they are for my beach days when I don't want the warden seeing me checking out the ass that running about everywhere lol :) 

• 5 months later...

Hey all :-)

So, I unfortunately have a few pairs of plastic lens sunglasses (Oakley and Maui Jim that I do like) that have become scratched or the surfaces have become distorted from the hot Bangkok climate... I can't seem to get any OEM replacements, but these sunglasses were quite expensive and the Oakleys are a limited titanium frame edition.

Has anyone polished their plastic lenses back to smooth? I'm thinking either toothpaste or the plexi watch crystal polish.

2 hours ago, swdivad said:

Hey all :-)

So, I unfortunately have a few pairs of plastic lens sunglasses (Oakley and Maui Jim that I do like) that have become scratched or the surfaces have become distorted from the hot Bangkok climate... I can't seem to get any OEM replacements, but these sunglasses were quite expensive and the Oakleys are a limited titanium frame edition.

Has anyone polished their plastic lenses back to smooth? I'm thinking either toothpaste or the plexi watch crystal polish.

I've tried both toothpaste and polywatch crystal polish. toothpaste didnt work, and the plastic crystal polish removed the tint from the plastic lenses making them transparent. now I own a pair of ray bans with glass lenses. glass is optically much clearer too.

9 hours ago, highoeyazmuhudee said:

I've tried both toothpaste and polywatch crystal polish. toothpaste didnt work, and the plastic crystal polish removed the tint from the plastic lenses making them transparent. now I own a pair of ray bans with glass lenses. glass is optically much clearer too.

Thanks for the heads up... Most of my sunglasses are glass (revo, serengetti, etc), but these two I still like.
Oh well, it's new no name generic lenses for the Oakleys, methinks I can't get them for the MJs :-(

• 5 months later...
On 8/4/2015 at 4:18 PM, mech500 said:

Can't really go wrong with gold frame rayban aviators....suit most faces and generally look pretty badass Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed with the RB but have you tried Oakleys?

Edited by bloon

Old ground glass Revo. Nothing finer.

Heads up: I dropped a pair in the surf around 14th street in Ocean City NJ and never got them back. Finders keepers!