When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Went to the AP flagship store in BH , Florida

Lacuadra

Amazed , quality, shine, the finish, it's just perfection.  

Located inside is a ritzy shopping district that exhales big money. ( don't dare call it a mall)

I am in love with so many of these watches.  But the AP ROO collection is my favorite.

A skeleton (??) just took the gold medal.

Coming down and back to reality, I see a few of these watches on sale at various dealers.  Hope those are not rejects, or "outlet quality".

Just the dreaded A7750 engine that I am not comfortable with...yet.  

I guess I will focus on the v7 Diver that has a more reliable engine.  But that ROO Navy is amazing.

Move over Hublot.  This is big time bling

Edited by Lacuadra

My wife and I went to that same "shopping experience", sure can't call it a Mall!!! We pulled into one of the parking areas in front, and Lordy,Lordy, I never saw so many exotic cars in my life. Around there, you don't even get a second glance if you pull up in a Porsche Carrera or the top end Mercedes convertible. Don't remember the AP shop, but we were mostly gawking!! I'm sure we looked like a couple of country bumpkins. OK, I looked like a country bumpkin, my beautiful bride doesn't qualify in that category a!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And yes, you can't go wrong with the V7. Beautiful watch and mighty close to the gen version.

• 1 month later...

Move over Hublot.  This is big time bling

Hublot was never even close to the likes of AP (PP, AL&S, Breguet, etc.)... I can't believe that Hublot actually took off the way it did... OK, the watches look cool, but haute horology??? Not even remotely close. Merely a fashion watch.

Hublot was never even close to the likes of AP (PP, AL&S, Breguet, etc.)... I can't believe that Hublot actually took off the way it did... OK, the watches look cool, but haute horology??? Not even remotely close. Merely a fashion watch.

I do like the newer Hublots with the UNICO movement.. :)

I agree with you that the older big bangs were nothing more than puffed up run-of-the-mills wannabes with a lot of marketing and fluff masking a basic movement and very little innovation. And I own 2 of the Big Bang reps! ;)

Would never buy the gen for the older Hublot Big Bangs!

• 3 weeks later...

I do like the newer Hublots with the UNICO movement.. :)

I agree with you that the older big bangs were nothing more than puffed up run-of-the-mills wannabes with a lot of marketing and fluff masking a basic movement and very little innovation. And I own 2 of the Big Bang reps! ;)

Would never buy the gen for the older Hublot Big Bangs!

Its a go faster watch !! All the big bucks they spend in sporting events ect makes people feel their cars will go faster wearing a hublot big bang......lol

I considered a new Big bang on my last spend on a watch but their resale /appreciation value when older is not like a Rolex, I bought a 50th Submariner.

At least if I want to do some servicing at home or find a part its easier than Hublot.

I have a collectors Hublot MDM GMT Geneve and I cant find anyone that can tell me what movement it has inside and that kinda stuff sucks

Snapshot000008.png

Snapshot000012.jpg

Snapshot000016.jpg

Edited by bitzap

Its a go faster watch !! All the big bucks they spend in sporting events ect makes people feel their cars will go faster wearing a hublot big bang......lol

I considered a new Big bang on my last spend on a watch but their resale /appreciation value when older is not like a Rolex, I bought a 50th Submariner.

At least if I want to do some servicing at home or find a part its easier than Hublot.

I have a collectors Hublot MDM GMT Geneve and I cant find anyone that can tell me what movement it has inside and that kinda stuff sucks

Try this link, it may shed some light on the conundrum.. ;)

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f436/calling-all-hublot-master-experts-re-classic-rare-mdm-automatic-gmt-2421409.html

• 2 weeks later...

I'm nice, but it seems to be a very cheap watch.....

25 dollar?

There are much better reps like this...

Even doesn't look like a Hublot watch

Is it a Japanese movement?

Edited by zim123

I think you should do some research before putting your ignorance on display in your very first post. 

The watch pictured is an older generation Hublot MDM GMT. It may not resemble the present day Hublots much, but I guess evolution is the thing that is keeping all watch brands (and most commodities) alive in the present day no?

An ebay listing for reference: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Hublot-MDM-Geneve-Greenwich-Mean-Time-/131116859083

$25 watch you say? I will give you $100, can you buy me 3? You can keep the change of course. 

I think you should do some research before putting your ignorance on display in your very first post. 

The watch pictured is an older generation Hublot MDM GMT. It may not resemble the present day Hublots much, but I guess evolution is the thing that is keeping all watch brands (and most commodities) alive in the present day no?

An ebay listing for reference: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Hublot-MDM-Geneve-Greenwich-Mean-Time-/131116859083

$25 watch you say? I will give you $100, can you buy me 3? You can keep the change of course. 

You mustn't be enticed by such comments A, it's bad for your health. Now grab a beer, and play with some of your extensive AP collection, that should reduce the blood boil into a gentle simmer! I trust you're well! OP I hope you wear that beauty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You mustn't be enticed by such comments A, it's bad for your health. Now grab a beer, and play with some of your extensive AP collection, that should reduce the blood boil into a gentle simmer! I trust you're well! OP I hope you wear that beauty!!

Ah but mate, this guy is not worth my blood boiling over. If you remember the altercation we had once upon a time in a kingdom far far away, over which we became friends eventually, that young guy who lashed at me was definitely a much worthier adversary, many times over. :lol:

Where has all the time gone buddy? lol

Ah but mate, this guy is not worth my blood boiling over. If you remember the altercation we had once upon a time in a kingdom far far away, over which we became friends eventually, that young guy who lashed at me was definitely a much worthier adversary, many times over. :lol:

Where has all the time gone buddy? lol

I feels as if that was merely a blip in our time here at RWG, and I would have gone through that X times to be presented with a resolution, later resulting in a friendship. It was a fantastic test of both our characters! I rarely use this forum, but when I do, your name time and time again pops up, providing a fountain of knowledge, wit and in times of need, security against such people above. You're the man A!

• Like 1