When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek 572A noob? Decorated bridges??

1932polo

So... Apparently I'm following NOOB factory on Instagram. On the page they have for sale a few of their watches. One of which is in the title. However I've not seen this watch and many others featured on their page or any of our dear TD's websites. Some of the watches look gen especially the 572A (which has have decorated Bridges). I've exchanged a few emails and they're pretty responsive.

Three things did ring alarm bells. They claimed their watches were ETA Swiss mvts and they're are no longer working on modifying miyota mvts. Second they don't send QC pictures. Once your order has been placed, they ship the item from factory and supply tracking. Third, the prices are all under $400 which could be plausible as dealers add their own margin on top.

Can anyone shed some light on this or share your thoughts.

0f6cfb7a694e9976867747ba0b2cbc3b.jpg

f4a0a3bd00961b1fb5a81e79f13946eb.jpg

78185442702c0bfae87ddc324798b6df.jpg

44db006a02684191a6b6da1b477e1c32.jpg

b48c1a9b2ba745537f242aaceceff86a.jpg

bb100d4ce2e9e5b1dd1145fdf1b5b81d.jpg

65770e2c2cfce9bd0d51978bc6d255e2.jpg

2562be9d49306f982102781af04020bc.jpg

10525e8efbf8321e60b95e07f89d3017.jpg

I would need to see one of these appear at a TD before I made a purchase.  The decorated bridge is incredible for a $400 PP.  I would also like to see if the day/date modules are faux.  IF this is a legit piece out of Noob, it will be the absolute best in class yet vs. the others currently available.  This would be ultra-super rep territory.

This is exactly the type of feedback I was hoping to receive from you guys! Have to love this community! My thoughts are exactly the same!

I've exchanged a few emails with them their English is pretty good and they respond pretty quickly. This one of the emails they sent me when I attempted to call them out. I've tried t explain the importance of reassurance and building trust. I've asked for tagged pics (also what Toro suggested). But they don't seem to want to budge.

a363ff076d42c777b6a2910971550808.jpg

They seem to have concerns with other factories copying their creations. They seemed to have think I worked for a Swiss watchmaking house (I wish) due to my "knowledge" albeit very basic of miyota and Swiss mvts.

Personally I don't have 340 dollars to gamble although it could be a very beneficial to the whole community. So if one of you want to take the plunge... Their email address.

swiss.orders@gmail.com

• Like 1

Allow me to add some clarity.

1. The Patek 5726a shown above with a strap is selling for $390 shipped.

2. They only accept Western Union cash pick up to a 'YU MATSUMOTO'

3. They will send QC photos AFTER funds have posted.

4. They only ship 2x per week with the next shipment going tomorrow, Thursday.

5. They will use DHL with tracking.

6. They offer a 6 day return/refund policy.

7. They have not provided references after 2 email requests.

8. They have not accepted my request to follow on Instagram.

9. The photos they sent me are the exact same posted above from Polo.

10. They claim the day, date and month complications all work.  No faux functions.

This is what I know based upon 6 emails exchanged since last night.

I am happy to go forward my entire email thread to you if you would like to read everything. Please private message me.

Summary:

I am enthusiastic about the photos, but something seems off here. Maybe it is the cash only, maybe it is the photos...I don't know.

I will need more to go on, a reference perhaps, to move forward with a purchase. I can't shake the feeling this is cash scam of some sort.

I could be wholly wrong, but this is my opinion today.

I welcome any additional clarity or advice.

Thank you.

If it looks like a trap and smells like a trap...

Maybe someone can express to/impress upon them the size of our community and that playing ball with us, alleviating fear, would bring them lots of $$$$

If you can get past the langauge barrier.

Now thinking about it I believe some of these to be either Trade-Show or Baselworld pics

Believe me. I have tried. I sent another email this evening asking to pay in 1/3 increments along with any sort of references.

Sadly, more of the same.

I also asked to them to show a picture with my name and date before payment. They refused.

This, in my opinion based on dealing with Andrew, Toro and other dealers, is a cash and carry scam.

I recommend avoiding this factory until their practices change or they show some willingness to to provide proof of products before payment and shipment.

Risk management is key with a new partnership.

Good luck if you commit to purchase here. And please update the board of how the sale works out should you go forward.

I am not doing business here until there is more information.

Good luck.

Thank you for the detailed feedback Mule, I too faced the same resistance when I asked for tagged pictures. I explained once he could show me then and I posted in our forum the flood gates would open!

I'm just glad we could suss this "dealer" out before someone here was scammed.

Side note: @mule they advised I wouldn't receive QC imagines. Apparently that's not something they do...

Strange.  I have an email saying they WILL provide QC photos only after a cash Western Union payment in full is made to a 'Yu Matsumoto'. 

In another email, they claim they have an employee pick up the cash daily.

I stand by my original opinion that this is a cash scam.

I guess it only take 1 patsy to net themselves $390, right?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Believe it or not, these reps are actually on the horizon. I randomly saw another rep seller on Instagram advising pre orders for the 5726 in white and grey dials. Im sure some of you have noticed the recent influx of Pateks with decorated bridges looking exactly the same as the ones pictured above. I think we may have got this one wrong and our TD's might just be late to party in regards to these models. Time will tell... 

Look again closely...

e03d7d0018f937b79fe47e6c7a35370a.jpg

91e0155fc0b622c13be3bba070e9ca35.jpg

af32d67f8cfe725a7b62ef4cf526e02f.jpg

Good news, right!  I know I have seen the new 5711 hit the market with intime and toro, but they don't have these 5726's.  I'm 100% on board with that white dial version as soon as Andrew, Toro or Ryan get stock.  When is the question?  I also stand behind my statements above regarding that seller.  There was too much risk given the communications to follow through.  

Please do keep this thread alive with the latest updates.  I know there are several on this board that are keen to invest in these new decorated models.  The upgrade will be an instant hit, I believe.

I completely agree! There was too much risk. I just find it funny two months ago we felt those watchers were gen based on how on the movements and quality looked. I just wonder why our TD's haven't got hold of these models yet. Are they as close to the makers as we would believe? Is there a wider community out there that we are unaware of? Almost sounds like a conspiracy Haha  

Good news, right!  I know I have seen the new 5711 hit the market with intime and toro, but they don't have these 5726's.  I'm 100% on board with that white dial version as soon as Andrew, Toro or Ryan get stock.  When is the question?  I also stand behind my statements above regarding that seller.  There was too much risk given the communications to follow through.  

Please do keep this thread alive with the latest updates.  I know there are several on this board that are keen to invest in these new decorated models.  The upgrade will be an instant hit, I believe.

I completley agree, I just picked up a new 5711 with the deco bridges and engraved rotor, its WAY nicer looking than before and even the finish of the dial, hands and rest of the watch feels alot more quality. 

I would be very interested to see some other models...Nautilus, Calatrava, and Complications on the horizon...i would be a BIG buyer if those came around. 

Heres some shots of the new 5711 i just picked up...I know Mule play has already seen these in a PM I sent him...but just for everyone else. 

IMG_6991.thumb.JPG.2a912b3d8bf0722f727e5

IMG_6995.thumb.JPG.5fe63c6165b0550ce2ba4

IMG_7042.thumb.JPG.e11338469691ed4f383c0

This 5711 or the 5726 (if it's real?) are the next into my rotation.  I have had and sold the grey and white dial versions of the current generation 5711.  My next one will be blue like the model above with the new bridges/engravings.  I SO WISH my 5980 had these features. {whimper!}  I'd never take it off.  Aside, I wonder if the factories will do the Aquanaut with these new features from the 5711's?  For the Aquanaut, all they need are the improved engraved markings/bridges and the 'SWISS'  below  '6' marker on the dial.  Honestly, that would be the best ever super-rep of a PP Aquanaut.  It could not be improved in a notable way beyond that. :) 

Hi guys! On tapatalk this tread look very different...anyway I am taking one for the team :-) Purchased in late September a 5726A from this ''Noobfactory'' instagram seller. They picked up the $ (WesternUnion) in Japan 2 seconds later and provided me with a tracking number that does not work. They sent me these two QC pictures 2 days later. I will keep you posted if I receive any package, it has now gone 19 days. Until then my recommendation is hold your horses on this seller...

QC1.jpg

QC2.jpg

Edited by cocaratcha

Damn...I am sorry to read this and see that you are out a few hundred dollars. The false tracking number would have been the tell for me. As I noted above, my communications with this maker were less than acceptable and I did think they were a scam. I do hope you get something in the mail. Have you tried to email them about the bogus tracking number and shipment status?

Ah sorry to hear that! How has the communication been? 

I would advise speaking to your bank. You'll be able to raise a visa dispute (thats if the card used was a visa) for a charge back as you've paid for goods that are still undelivered. I've even done this when I've sent money as a gift (via paypal) for goods but did no receive them. Just advise the bank you purchased something, its not been delivered and you tried to resolve the issue by contacting them to no avail. You'll have proof of correspondence I'm also guessing here but you may have also discussed delivery times which is vital. It shouldn't matter if you sent the funds as a gift via WU. You have still paid for goods. In the UK this is how it works. It maybe the same where you are as VISA is an international company. I hope that helps. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mule play. No worries about the $, I knew it was a risk. But who ones, maybe I do get a decorated 5726A in my mailbox soon. If not, others must be warned. Btw they have changed email to: 3127631380@qq.com

I will keep you guys posted.

Any Joy my friend? I see they're still very active on instagram. Have even updated the email address to the one you've provided. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys and sorry for late reply. I have now waited 70 days and no decorated PP on my wrist...They say it was seized by custom in NL (Netherland) and are waiting for it to be returned to their factory. Then, they say it will be reshipped with another carrier or a refund. They have been responsive on emails, but do not want to refund me or re-send a new one before the parcel (seized by custom) gets returned. It will never be returned if it has been seized. They posted 2 pics on insta recently with bags of money so they are making money some way or another... I would not recommend buying from them as a proper company would re-send a new one and at first provide a tracking # that works..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk