When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what is your take on Invicta watches?

cavi

initially I had staied far away from invicta because I kept seeing cheap quartz ones at jc pennys.  However i found a automatic model I liked online and ended up ordering it.  It is their grand diver.  It looks like a Rolex sub but with a bezel from an omega seamaster 300, and most importantly the case is a massive 47mm but not absurdly thick.  I ordered one and it arrived today, and honestly I love it.  i have always loved the roex sub, but felt that the case was a bit small on my wrist, and I have always liked the bezel on the seamaster 300 more than the one on the rollie.  So for me this watch checks all the boxes and for half the price of a decent rep....

So am I missing any negatives?

I really want to know as I have found another model I also must have....55ccf095c0938_Photo_Aug_13_11_56_24_AM.t

Just watch one episode of a ShopNBC (or whatever they are called now) and it will tell you all you need to know.

They have had two good offerings (IMO), the Rolex 16610 clones 8926 (Myota movement)/9937(ETA movement), and the SubAqua Noma III.

Everything else they make are pretty ugly and HUGE.

They make a real nice 40 mm auto diver like 200 meters . Bought one for a buddy of mine wearing three years no problems, he loves it go figure. Here it is like 78 usds  http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-8928OB-Gold-Plated-Stainless-Automatic/dp/B000JQJS6M/ref=pd_sim_241_3/186-0071622-0652646?ie=UTF8&refRID=1M9MPF3R5P8E500HX19X

Works , looks, holds up just fine, like I said go figure.

They make a real nice 40 mm auto diver like 200 meters . Bought one for a buddy of mine wearing three years no problems, he loves it go figure. Here it is like 78 usds  http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-8928OB-Gold-Plated-Stainless-Automatic/dp/B000JQJS6M/ref=pd_sim_241_3/186-0071622-0652646?ie=UTF8&refRID=1M9MPF3R5P8E500HX19X

tremendous value! 200m WR and a jap auto.

invictas been around as long as i remember, since first becoming interested in diving watches. i remember lusting after the 9937 invicta diver as long as 16 years ago, and i see they still sell it. perhaps a $100 more than i remember 16 years ago.

That's the two-tone version of the 8926 I mentioned above.

After heaps of trouble with a few reps, I bought one of the Speedway 18389s to wear while other watches were being serviced, waiting on parts, etc.  Very similar to a Daytona, but in a 45mm size, and I love it.  200m WR, quartz, so it's always accurate, great fit and finish, and @ $100 brand new in a really nice presentation box. Get compliments on it almost daily.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TRYTBCI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

See, now I am even more confused.  They make a "homage"of  the rolex sub, that every review I have seen says is well built, well finished, they come with either a Japanese movement or a swissETA, for either 100 (jap) or 300 for the swiss.  This seems like the bargain of the world.  Yes it does not say Rolex, but when you buy a Rep Rolex people are always warning you that no rep is perfect.  Make sure you take it apart and reseal it.  Be careful with it......  Then to order it we have to deal with TDs who's sites are here today and gone somewhere else tomorrow.  On any given site there are three or four watches that look identical to most of us but vary in price from 128 to over 500.   So why is Invicta bad?    I have read multiple posts on three different websites and all I can come up with is that they post high msrp prices then sell for way less, and that they have a large line of products, some if not alot of those are very large or ugly.......PAM604.....very large..... And there are many REPs that I personally think are ugly, even some Rolexes.....

So again why all the Hate for invicta?

Not wanting to irritate anyone, just wanting to understand.  Please keep in mind I do own over 30 reps, and multiple Gen watches and now 2 invicta watches, so I am clearly not against buying Reps, I love the ones I own, but I own two 45mm Omega PO, a black one and an Orange one.  The black one is fantastic feels Gen, and honestly I doubt 99% of people would know it is not gen without popin the back.  The other is an orange one, bought it used m2m and while it looks nice it does not feel near as nice as the other, feels cheaper.  The bezel has a certain play side to side if you push, the weight is not quite what the other is.  Honestly my invicta which cost 1/3 the price of this watch feels way way more like a quality watch.....

I own several limited edition Invictas and I like them a lot. I won't buy anymore because their designs tend to be very similar. Invictas are solid watches with good workmanship. Most of mine have SW200 or ETA 2824 engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One reason I think Invictas look cheap is their god-awful blob of a logo that they slap on the dial... I would think that if they put all the work into making the watch well, they would put some more thought into creating a logo that looks half-way decent

invicta8928menswatch-1.jpg

They have Invicta written in bold letters on the left side of the case. Imo it´s fine to have one or 2, but personally I do much prefer the Seiko 5 range and it´s offerings. With rep prices going well over the $300 range they also face some serious competition from gen-makers like Gerlach watches from Poland, Steinhart in Germany or Prometheus and Borealis watches from Portugal amongst many others. You might want to take a look at them before having a watchcase full of Invictas.

I've got quite a few Invictas and I like them for what they are- an inexpensive beater. Early ones had the 8215 Miyota in them but recently they've gone to the Seiko NH35A.

Bought this full gold one recently- it's a gold test- see how long the plating lasts!

photo%209_zpspp1ivake.jpg

I put YM inserts on these two-

P1010001.jpg

I wish they'd just go with a decent seconds hand- might try getting a plain .17 seconds hand and swap out. But for $80-90 you can't go wrong

I had two Invicta Submariner "homages". They were both awful quality. The other one lost its crown in two weeks - and one of the hour markers dropped off on another one.

I don't have many reps anymore but I have a 10-year old Omega SMP chrono rep which is absolutely FLAWLESS after 10 years of regular use. I've owned 100 reps maybe... very few were as low quality as the Invictas I owned. 

Based on my experiences I would rate Invictas on par with $100 reps. But this was back in 2004 or so. Maybe they have improved?

" Gerlach watches from Poland, Steinhart in Germany or Prometheus and Borealis watches from Portugal amongst many others." Ding ding ding , give the man a cigar ! Had just about all of those my Borealis was in the raffle all fine watches and so can an Invicta be a fine watch for the money if know which one to buy. 

Now cavi on the reps well one feels gen the other not so much , that is the way it goes keep one sell other I guess. On the hate they are perceived as the brand of uncultured, unknowledgeable watch collectors. Hey I have one bought long ago before I knew any better not that it is a huge ugly watch just can not wear an Invicta feel like a cheap whore now a Seiko at same price point yes , now you are a smart WIS.

I have more than one seiko in my collection, hell, I have a quartz seiko chrono that my father gave me back in 1984 as a high school grad present!!!  I also have a number of the seiko 5 collection.  I like them, but I am also very happy with the two invictas I have bought!!!

As for the two reps. I might end up selling the orange one that feels lesser, or I will keep it to wear when I have to work on things that might end up causing damage to a watch but that are still events that I want to have a nice looking watch, like today, I have been working at a Rotary event doing the setup and teardown of the event.  I still want to look good doing the work, But I do not want to risk hurting my good Gens...  If I were to sell it, I would have to replace it and then I would not want to put it in harms way.  For example, I have a omega seamaster 300m that is relativly inexpensive gen, but it feels exactly like the real deal, and the other day I went to wear it and I noticed that the pearl had gone missing.  I love that watch it is one of my favs......Now I am sad for it......

I own several Invictas and have never had a problem with them. Mine are all earlier models before they went overboard with big watches, but I have 3 Pro Divers, one ETA2824-2 model, one Miyota auto model and a Swiss quartz "red wings" model. They keep excellent time and always work. I have recommended them to many friends.