When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what is your take on Invicta watches?

cavi

I genuinely hate them. This is my humble personal opinion but they represent all that is wrong. Big retail price, marked down to fool folks into believing "it's a deal!" when they are paying perhaps 2x what they should for ugly bling fashion pieces with sub-par quality. Truly awful.

I genuinely hate them. This is my humble personal opinion but they represent all that is wrong. Big retail price, marked down to fool folks into believing "it's a deal!" when they are paying perhaps 2x what they should for ugly bling fashion pieces with sub-par quality. Truly awful.

That's funny.  For mine, I paid 1/3 to 1/4 what I would have paid for a rep, it has flawless fit and finish, water resistant to 200M, fantastic retail packaging, a proper warranty, tells perfect time, and I can buy it on Amazon.com.  That's sub-par quality how, exactly?

Edited by adamo99

See Fanatic's view is what I had heard before.  Always very strong against the invicta watches.  While I agree that some are way over the top on styling and not even functional, there alot of really nice ones.  As for the price scheme, go to any car dealer....Please tell me you do not pay full sticker price for it......  Then go to JC Pennys and look at any bulova, citzen or Seiko, and again they have absurd retails, but the watches are always on sale for like half of the sticker price.

Then look what we go through to get a decent rep.  We buy from people we call TDs that are across the globe.  They offer multiple copies of the same thing with only a difference in movement, or at least they will not say what other differences there are, prices vary from 128 to 458 for the same watch, but with again a different movement, and who knows what else.  Then we pay shipping, wait a full month while praying that customs does not catch it.  Please do not get me wrong I love my reps, almost every one of them and would not be without them.  I was just trying to figure out if I had missed something on the invicta watches.  I have tow that I really like.  I will probably not buy any more, but I do like mine.  Since I had heard soo many people tell me that people on the boards were vehemently against them I wanted to know if there was a real reason of if it was just unfounded.  It is nice to see soo many of us actually confirming my opinion that they are nice watches and well made.  Mine sure are!!! 

I find them offensive. Cavi, look at the discrepancies between their "retail" and what they are selling for... Come one man, it's like going into a Maserati dealership and haggling them down to a Camry price.. $1400 then down to $150??  w.t.f.  The watches you find in the bins at those stores are either returns, seconds or last years model, or something they're just trying to move so it doesn't get crushed for a write-off loss. I'm not really here to buy "over-the-counter" stock reps. The ones I've tried from TD's didn't really do it for me, much like an Invicta REALLY wouldn't do it for me. If you want to suggest my opinion is unfounded, that's fine, after all it's just my opinion. You will find people that love all kinds of useless junk, and people who will decry it. 

Here are some reasons why I find them offensive:

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-6981-Collection-Chronograph-Polyurethane/dp/B003MYYJD0/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1440096937&sr=1-1&keywords=invicta+watches+for+men

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-17466-Reserve-Chrono-Polyurethane/dp/B00XLUAUQA/ref=sr_1_22?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1440096937&sr=1-22&keywords=invicta+watches+for+men

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-1090-Gold-Tone-Stainless-Skeleton/dp/B004V96OKQ/ref=sr_1_34?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1440096937&sr=1-34&keywords=invicta+watches+for+men
$1,395 retail, but it can be yours for $150 if you have utterly ZERO taste.

They are big, clunky "fashion" watches and if you are telling me they're well made, I have a bridge to sell you. Perhaps it's a difference of style opinion, but the people I see wearing these things around downtown I wouldn't hangout with... Of course some of them keep decent time, it's a Quartz.

The only one that is even remotely passable, is their sub-homage: the least offensive watch they make:

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-8926OB-Stainless-Automatic-Bracelet/dp/B000JQFX1G/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1440096937&sr=1-8&keywords=invicta+watches+for+men

Fanatic, it is deffinitly a difference in taste.

I own a couple of rolex subs and sea dwellers, and honestly I like them, but at 40mm they are a bit small for my larger wrist.  So I typically look for 44mm watches, like the DSSD, and the 45mm Omega PO, and Panerais.

I just got today another invicta that was bought for my son, it is also a sub homage, but in a 43mm case size.  I bought it for my son, but I would be honored to wear it any day.  finish is really nice, and it is a good Japanese movement, which I cannot honestly say for a number of my reps which have 2813 movements.  I put up with the 2813 in some of the reps knowing they will die and I will either junk the watch or I will have to find a whole movement and replace it since I cannot service them.  Honestly, this is a nice piece, I might even give him my yachtmaster, which Is not my favorite, and keep this one for me as I think it looks better on my wrist than the yachtmaster55d62a04420e4_Photo_Aug_20_12_12_20_PM.t

Edited by cavi

Hey, at this point I am over 40 watches, and I never really fell in love with the yachtmaster.  I should have gotten the 42mm yachtmaster II but even then I honestly have never bonded with the silver bezel.  I like the black or blue bezels on the subs....  So this 43mm invicta sub homage should be a nice fit.