When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Seamaster 300 "SPECTRE" Edition!!!

Guest REPPIN

• 1 month later...

Over at RWI there is a member that has purchased the Gen Seamaster SPECTRE 300 and posted some pictures, very nice and worth a visit if you want to see the real deal in the hands of a consumer.

Just search: SPECTRE

Edited by Pontiaddict

• 4 weeks later...

No offense in any way but complaining about the nato strap is like complaining about the bubble wrap they use to package them. From both dealers I have seen they are selling the watch on the steel bracelet and pretty much just tossing tge nato into the deal. Even with the proper engravings I'm sure the rep nato would probably be crap anyways. 

The main thing I can't tell on this version or the regular 300 is if they used the sandwich dial construction or not. 

Edited by jdkno

No offense in any way but complaining about the nato strap is like complaining about the bubble wrap they use to package them. From both dealers I have seen they are selling the watch on the steel bracelet and pretty much just tossing tge nato into the deal. Even with the proper engravings I'm sure the rep nato would probably be crap anyways. 

The main thing I can't tell on this version or the regular 300 is if they used the sandwich dial construction or not. 

Regards the dial construction, Kuvarsit has a new gallery up, with very, VERY good pictures. I believe this answers any questions regards a sandwich dial, it is indeed a proper sandwich dial.

The bracelet appears to be the one currently included with the regular 300 (polished center links) and includes the micro-adjust clasp with the correct 007 logo, the Gry/Blk NATO appears to be simply a toss in to satisfy the general overall appearance. I found it interesting there is a note in the description that says (FREE EXTRA NATO STRAP WITH TANG BUCKLE FOR NOW ) Does that indicate an upgrade is being sought? Read it and see what you think:

http://www.kuvarsit.watch/omega/seamaster/1-1-omega-seamaster-300-james-bond-007-spectre-limited-edition-from-kw/

Wonder why they are pricing this one a considerable bit cheaper than the standard 300?

Also is Kuvarsit is a TD???

Kuvarsit is not a TD at this site but they are at other rep sites, I posted their listing primarily for the pictures, although, I have purchased many watches from them and have had personal experience with service after the sale. I would personally recommend KW to anyone looking for a Rep watch.

For the RWG TD see Supermirrors, Sead currently has the same watch at the best price I have found anywhere, see here:

https://rwg.cc/topic/181494-omega-300kwv6f-spectre-miyota-modified-movement

Edited by Pontiaddict

I sent a pm to Sead yesterday regarding this watch but had no reply. There are no contact details on the website.???

Give him a couple of days. It took him a few days to get back to me a while ago as well. Someone here may have an email for him or check his dealer page on the forum.

Funny while browsing KW's site their blue Aqua Terra looks like the color is correct vs tge surf blue I see on all the other dealers sites. Wondering if it really is better or if it's the same surf blue as everyone else and KW just edits his photos to make it look more gen like. 

I just ordered this and received QC pics after doing some research. My very first Omega in 4 years @Mike on a bike!

The main flaw with the watch itself is the ratio of the ceramic/SS band thickness. In the gen, the ceramic width is thinner and the SS thicker. The reverse is true in the rep. 

Other than that, of course the straps and bracelets are not up to par vs the gen with the wrong finishing details, nothing that a strap replacement would not fix I reckon?

All in all, a good rep, and I am looking forward to receiving mine! :)

No ofense, but is not only nato wich is totally wrong. Bracelet links are also wrong, should be brushed/matt, not shiny/polished like original Seamaster.

Other minor issue is "5" on bezel is also different from gen.

And the big tell if you know where to look, the inner metal ring by the bezel is slightly thinner than gen, the black bezel part looks wider :(((

IMHO, one step forward, two-three steps backwards compared with standard already existing Seamaster rep.

As I said on previous post, this version seems like rushed, not worth.
BraBracelet should be matt....not shiny like original seamaster 300.
"5" on the bezel is different from gen.celet should be matt....not shiny like original seamaster 300.
"5" on the bezel is different from gen.

Edited by JMC

No ofense, but is not only nato wich is totally wrong. Bracelet links are also wrong, should be brushed/matt, not shiny/polished like original Seamaster.

Other minor issue is "5" on bezel is also different from gen.

And the big tell if you know where to look, the inner metal ring by the bezel is slightly thinner than gen, the black bezel part looks wider :(((

IMHO, one step forward, two-three steps backwards compared with standard already existing Seamaster rep.

As I said on previous post, this version seems like rushed, not worth.
BraBracelet should be matt....not shiny like original seamaster 300.
"5" on the bezel is different from gen.celet should be matt....not shiny like original seamaster 300.
"5" on the bezel is different from gen.

Dito...

But you forgot the crown which still is brushed/polished and should be polished/polished, but this has been an issue ever since the rep appeared.

The more I think of it, the more I'm leaning towards the "updated" regular black one. Lume seems really good (which was one negative issue in earlier models). Also the price... 258 USD from Toro..

trusty time has now got this but with myota movement? don't really know much about that movement is it high beat? like gen?

Which one?

I have a Miyota 8025 in my Seamaster and it looks great, works great. 35+ hours of reserve. I also have a 9015 which is equally as great.

Just received news today that a V2, either for the Spectre version or the regular seamaster 300 would be released sometime next week, she is unsure which.

So guys you might wish to hold your purchases accordingly meanwhile.