When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Seamaster 300 "SPECTRE" Edition!!!

Guest REPPIN

Found those promo images of Craig with the bosses a big cringey, but that is a nice Seamaster! Pretty cool. How do you guys feel about wearing movie special editions or whatever? Prefer it or find it a bit tacky or what? Depends on the movie?

Usually I'm 100% against any branding like that but in this case it's done very tastefully and I would have no problem wearing it.

Regarding the "v2" from Perfect-Clones:

1 NATO much better, could have wished for a denser nylon configuration, like on a thick Phoenix MOD-strap, but... One can not have it all.

2] What does the SS-bracelet look like? Cant find it mentioned in the text, and not in the pics... Included? If so still polished midlinks?

3] And also... Is the crown finally correct? Because on the regular I know that the crown should be all polished, not semi-matte semi-glossy like it is. Maybe that isn't the case on SPECTRE-edition?

Regarding the "v2" from Perfect-Clones:

1 NATO much better, could have wished for a denser nylon configuration, like on a thick Phoenix MOD-strap, but... One can not have it all.

2] What does the SS-bracelet look like? Cant find it mentioned in the text, and not in the pics... Included? If so still polished midlinks?

3] And also... Is the crown finally correct? Because on the regular I know that the crown should be all polished, not semi-matte semi-glossy like it is. Maybe that isn't the case on SPECTRE-edition?

I personally think it's silly to release an iteration and name it v2 based purely on an updated strap. The watch has some flaws that need addressing, like the bezel insert thickness and yes crown like you mentioned. It's more like a v1 watch with a v2 strap.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Just unwrapped and installed the NATO.. This one came from Supermirrors (Sead) and I ordered early so it is the first strap without the Omega hardware. The bracelet has pcl, movement does have a very slight stutter and a noisy rotor, otherwise a very nice feeling watch. While it could be better I'm very satisfied, I would order it again without question. 

image.jpeg

And quicker than you say it they have already produced a corrected Ver. 2, with an updated bezel, inner bezel and corrected hardware still supplied on a standard NATO:

http://www.kuvarsit.watch/omega/seamaster/1-1-omega-seamaster-300-james-bond-007-spectre-limited-edition-from-kw/

I never expected to see so many changes, so quickly completed. Now what to do with my 6 day old dinosaur....

IMG_0962.JPG

That was an interesting picture...it has since been replaced. But in review of KW and other TD's photos I have noticed there are some that have the new bezel & Strap, others have the first bezel with the new strap... we are in a period of transition between the two versions, so be wary.

The easiest way to define the V2 is the numeral 5 on the bezel, look for that to determine which generation you are getting in your QC pix, I did this side by side, note the rounded portion and where it terminates. V.1 is inset:5_V1.vs.V2_zps4gswcscg.jpg

Edited by Pontiaddict

That was an interesting picture...it has since been replaced. But in review of KW and other TD's photos I have noticed there are some that have the new bezel & Strap, others have the first bezel with the new strap... we are in a period of transition between the two versions, so be wary.

The easiest way to define the V2 is the numeral 5 on the bezel, look for that to determine which generation you are getting in your QC pix, I did this side by side, note the rounded portion and where it terminates. V.1 is inset:5_V1.vs.V2_zps4gswcscg.jpg

Sorry......for the design challenged, does that mean the large image is V2?

Yes the large background image is the V.2 as posted at RWI:

https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/252228-OMEGA-Seamaster-300-“SPECTRE”-Limited-Edition?p=2558847&viewfull=1#post2558847

Notice it is also identical to the Genuine, although the difference in the inner bezel is still substantial, here a Gen SPECTRE for reference, once you see the difference you can't un-see it:

21465068304_c22b4ea0db_c.jpg

Edited by Pontiaddict

Sorry......for the design challenged, does that mean the large image is V2?

Yes sir. Large pic = v2. Small pic = v1. ;)

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Yes the large background image is the V.2 as posted at RWI:

https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/252228-OMEGA-Seamaster-300-“SPECTRE”-Limited-Edition?p=2558847&viewfull=1#post2558847

Notice it is also identical to the Genuine, although the difference in the inner bezel is still substantial, here a Gen SPECTRE for reference, once you see the difference you can't un-see it: />

Yes and that's why, I'm going to customize my v2 and paint the inner bezel black for a stealth look. It's a $275 fun watch for me. ;)

Yes and that's why, I'm going to customize my v2 and paint the inner bezel black for a stealth look. It's a $275 fun watch for me. ;)

Oh wow, what a great idea! so now I know, this is how you become Legend....

Edited by Pontiaddict

Oh wow, what a great idea! so now I know, this is how you become Legend....

Haha to be honest this is my first Omega. I am learning myself and the way I look at it, I don't mind having an inaccurate but customized inner bezel since the stock one is inaccurate anyway... Stick to your v1 "dinosaur", the difference (mainly the "5" on the bezel) is too insubstantial to warrant an update. Who looks at the "5" anyway? ;)

The force is telling me that not saving 150USD to get the watch properly relumed will lead to fear, fear leads to anger, and anger leads to the classifieds. Many brave have fallen to the classifieds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

cfdfadd756674d79fcd5e11dda9fc9e0.jpg

For those wondering, gen (mounted) vs rep nato. The difference is salient and if you intend to keep the watch, invest in the gen nato strap. It's silky smooth and very finely woven.

After reading all about that 007Spectre "wannabe" versions...

My suggestion would be to stay away from this "childish/toyish 007" edition, and go for the already existing , more consistent, SM300 rep, with a high quality gen omega nato buckle (if you like the sporty nato look).