When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pics JF v7 Diver, thoughts?

Lacuadra

Hi folks,

Need a favor,

I have checked these pics sent from a very TD, and the v7 seems to be a good match and finish.

Using to my limited knowledge and based on picture quality.  I have compared to several photos of the gen and looks to me like a good one.

Actually  it seems to be a very nice piece.  Just wanted the opinion of your savyy eyes.

If you have some time that is.  I thank you in advance for your comments.

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

Edited by Lacuadra
  • Like 1

Honestly its hard to go wrong with the JF V7. I would pay attention to the bezel screws, the dial, inner bezel numbers, and alignment of date.

But heck, I take apart most watches I buy to make them better anyway, so my expectation for QC is mostly that there is a watch, its the right one, and it does not look chewed up too badly by the pet mongrel. 

Whats that? I am off topic? :lol:

Oh ok, your specimen looks fantastic, if not perfect. You can go ahead and accept this and then wait patiently for it to arrive. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I got the watch and have to say it is stunning. The bezel, crown, everything but the rubber strap has the feel of an AP , just like the ones I tried at the boutique. Movement is smoth and steady, just like my gen automatics. I say if you want the Diver, go with JF V7. Got mine from puretime.wxx. Excellent service and prompt as usual delivery

The strap feels rubbery, cheap for a watch of this calibre and price. Stamps are neat and clear.

I did not try this model at the store, so cant compare. Is the strap supposed to feel this way? It all feels like a Porsche Panamera on firestone tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the watch and have to say it is stunning. The bezel, crown, everything but the rubber strap has the feel of an AP , just like the ones I tried at the boutique. Movement is smoth and steady, just like my gen automatics. I say if you want the Diver, go with JF V7. Got mine from puretime.wxx. Excellent service and prompt as usual delivery

The strap feels rubbery, cheap for a watch of this calibre and price. Stamps are neat and clear.

I did not try this model at the store, so cant compare. Is the strap supposed to feel this way? It all feels like a Porsche Panamera on firestone tires.

The movement of the rep is actually wrong, beating at 28.8kph vs the 21.6kph for the genuine watch. The beat may not be obvious on the wrist, but when you put it side by side with any movement beating at 21.6kph, the difference is obvious. 

The lume construction on the inner bezel is still not 1:1, for those who know their divers. Likewise, the differences on the dial can be spotted when placed side by side vs a gen. 

Having said that, I do agree that the v7 JF stainless steel diver is the best rep the rep world has to offer now. It is not 1:1, but the concept of 1:1 is a fallacy in this hobby for 99.9% of the watches. For the price of the watch, it is well worth the 95% accuracy vs the gen on the wrist. You've made a good choice, wear her well.

Hi thanks. I know this is a rep. I just wanted to say that to the eye of an average joe, this is a well crafted piece, not so sure about the lume or strap/band. The movement is totally smooth like any of my gen automatics, again I am not an iota of a horologist, so that is all that I can appreciate.

Most of my watches are gens, all but this and a PAM 111 by Noob. Both very nice.

I am going to visit the store , in a few days, and check the watch and the gen. strap. The one that it came with feels hmm cheap. I own a gen Gucci digital watch that has a much, much nicer strap. An excuse anyway, for that store is just an adult field of dreams. I will buy the original strap if available.

Ps. I think the box/package was opened by customs. It was resealed (tape over the old tape. ) The tracking states that it was forwarded to and released by customs ~2 days. Is that common?

Hi thanks. I know this is a rep. I just wanted to say that to the eye of an average joe, this is a well crafted piece, not so sure about the lume or strap/band. The movement is totally smooth like any of my gen automatics, again I am not an iota of a horologist, so that is all that I can appreciate.

Most of my watches are gens, all but this and a PAM 111 by Noob. Both very nice.

I am going to visit the store , in a few days, and check the watch and the gen. strap. The one that it came with feels hmm cheap. I own a gen Gucci digital watch that has a much, much nicer strap. An excuse anyway, for that store is just an adult field of dreams. I will buy the original strap if available.

Ps. I think the box/package was opened by customs. It was resealed (tape over the old tape. ) The tracking states that it was forwarded to and released by customs ~2 days. Is that common?

If you are going to check the gen, look out for a few things in particular, and you will see what I mean:

- The movement of the genuine diver is actually not as "smooth sweeping" as the rep one..sounds ironical, but this is due to the lower beat of the gen calibre.

- Check the lume construction on the inner bezel. Not the lume itself, but the way the inner bezel numbers are printed and the way the white lume is applied over them. Therein lies my biggest gripe, between the gen and rep divers.

- The dial. Notice the difference in crispness between the gen and the rep.

The 3 things that I mentioned above, it is difficult to spot, even for me, when I see a diver in the wild on the wrist. I need to engage the expertise of the very formidable in-house ROO diver expert @folex to help most of the time when trying to determine if a diver shown in a picture is rep or gen. 

The rep game has progressed very well over the years and honestly there isn't much to improve for the ROO diver anymore.

I've never had any of my packages opened by customs, so it sounds like an aberrant occurrence to me.

Thanks. Legend. Those are great tips. Indeed it is a nice replica. Actually it is a very nice watch overall.

The episode occurred in NJ. I guess I dodged the big one. A rollie, would have been gone by now.

Chicago , Houston and LAX are becoming a bit of a nuisance for the replica handbag / lux world that I am more familiar with. Thanks to ms Coco and Mr Hot-mes our td are continuosly being shut down. But we have resorted to yupoo catalogs , password protected sites and blind trust in our dealers ( WU direct wires).

Even a cult , infamous Jackie who is super exclusive. I guess the volume of merchandise is much higher over there.