When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rather expensive watch

jmb

I saw this on fleabay this morning and 'bout fell outa my chair, don't ever remember seeing a BIN price this high B4!  If somebody has a pile-o-cash laying around, and decides they have to have it, please post up some pics after you get it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-VINTAGE-DAYTONA-6263-BLACK-PAUL-NEWMAN-RCO-DIAL-STEEL-1969/201291047476?

Edited by jmb

My numbers here might not be right, but from a quick google search I think they are:

I think this watch (famous RCO 6263, thought to be one of a kind so I think it's the same one?) sold for $1,089,106 USD in Nov 2013. Today, that money has a buying power of $1,115,747.41 USD. 

If this watch sells for the asking price, that means it will have yielded a profit of about $34,252 USD! Minus cost of insured shipping, of course...

All in all, a 3% ROI does not seem so good for such an ultra high risk investment. Maybe Bob Maron is thinking the Daytona bubble isn't doing so well.... ;)

with a little more googling it looks like there may be more examples of RCO 6263s out there, so maybe Bob is fetching a nicer profit than I think!!

Edited by CarlosFFF
clarification

My numbers here might not be right, but from a quick google search I think they are:

I think this watch (famous RCO 6263, thought to be one of a kind so I think it's the same one?) sold for $1,089,106 USD in Nov 2013. Today, that money has a buying power of $1,115,747.41 USD. 

If this watch sells for the asking price, that means it will have yielded a profit of about $34,252 USD! Minus cost of insured shipping, of course...

All in all, a 3% ROI does not seem so good for such an ultra high risk investment. Maybe Bob Maron is thinking the Daytona bubble isn't doing so well.... ;)

with a little more googling it looks like there may be more examples of RCO 6263s out there, so maybe Bob is fetching a nicer profit than I think!!

I have never sold anything over a $1,000 USD on ebay before but I'm assuming there's still that 10% ebay fee tacked on to each sale so that ROI goes all the way to zero and then some.  

How about all RWG Members put their money together and we pass it around like a moving cup. Everyone can wear it for a month or so, and then it is passed over to the next guy.

Edited by gasebah
Typos.

That sounds like a good idea except for all the bodily fluids that would be on it... ;-)

LOL....that one took a while to settle in. :-)

• Like 1