When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT II: REPLICA OR GEN? Options

Thor

Can anybody of you guys help in this topic?

I found this watch on E-Bay, it was sold for $ 500, which sounds rep of course. But, apart from the bezel font (topic already discussed on this forum) what really confuses me in the GMT hand ... Possibly a new movement?

78-8548.jpg

Cheers

some poor sucker overpaid 10x

most likely asian although similar gmt hand now on EL explorer better but still not perfect

Not a bad fake but fake nevertheless. The crown guards in GMT Master aren't spiky... they're like this:

78-8549.jpg

78-8550.jpg

The watch you posted uses rep Submariner's cg's.

I am for sure no expert, but I have noticed 2 differences between GMT II reps and the real one (I have a 2005 real). On the back of the bracelet there are some numbers engraved on reps. Those are not on the real one. Same with the black number on the green sticker on the back site of the clock. No number on the real one. Don't know if older models have this.. as I said I am no expert. Just my 2 cents ..

The GMT hand should be an equalateral triangle, no?

Rolex GMT fakes are easy to spot.

The order of the hands of the genuine watch is:

From crystal to dial

Second

Minute

GMT

Hour

the fakes have a different order because of the different movement:

from crystal to dial

Second

Minute

Hour

GMT

Regards

Mike

Agree with you, except that it is "easy". :unsure: Except a very close look and some expertise. May I say...

I agree with vmena. You can't see it unless the hour hand happens to be over the GMT hand at the moment. Here you can see it from my wristshot:

78-8551.jpg

You can always see it with a loupe though. But then again... for the old GMT Masters this is the correct hand order.

Nice, nice, nice GMT By-Thor... I've reading all the process you went through to get till this nice item is as is now. What about novement? Is it working as you expected? May I know if the band came with solid or hollow links? Thanks.

Yes, working perfectly. It's with hollow middle links. The bracelet is visually just like the genuine.

78-8552.jpg

You can see more pics of my GMT here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b391/bytor21...20after%20mods/

sweet watch !! By Tor I liked your photo gallery

Great pics! :Jumpy: If you don't mind, could you PM me with the total mods cost? Just to see if I can start thinking about my Christmas gift!!! :biggrin: :wub:

Newbie here sirs,

Does the order of the hands apply to ALL Rolex models or JUST the GMT models?

Sorry about this newbie question. Thanks.

OFF-TOPiC:

*Need help in other stuff also when purchasing, because here in our country we can

see, hold, check the replica watches when buying. The replica watches here are available

in shopping malls and not online. Is there anyone here i can PM for guides on what to look at?

I've been looking for hours and im having difficulty finding the right topic for my questions.

Thanks again and sorry for the trouble.

Montgomery, Welcome. Here is a good link for nebies, link. For you, the challenge is a bit different. I would recommend you also read all the watch model reviews you can find for the watch you want. This should prepare you for handling the reps and determining which you like best.

As mentioned above the hour hand is the biggest give-away on these..

Precious Time has a new vintage GMT Master which is based on the excellent GMT II replica... and obviously the hands are in correct order (because vintages have the hands in same order as in reps). I'd buy this if I didn't have a GMT yet. If you want it "perfected" just buy a OEM insert.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...e=post&id=20206

hello to all of u wounderful peoples. WELL i m from india hav a crush on watches so i tryied to get all of them and atleast i did got few of them now . NOW i hav ROLEX OYESTER . SWATCH 1856 , ROMENSON., RADO , AND MANY MORE TO SAY but now i wana sell it any body intersted plzz mail me i bought these watches for bout 500$ each . with packing n all. total it cost me 5 lacks bucks so now i need money badly and hurry .

To me, the biggest giveaway is the size of the bezel. On a genuine, the bezel has a large outer diameter, which can be seen in relation to the case. When looking straight down at the face, on a rep, you can almost see the side of the case between the lugs and the CG’s because the bezel is too small. On a genuine, you really see the protrusion of the bezel and don’t even see the shape of the case as it curves between the lugs and CG’s. Also, when viewed from the side, the bottom edge of the genuine bezel has as much of a bevel as the top, where on reps, it is almost flat.