When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V6 vs TF factory Audemars stainless?

busetinha

I have found 2 AP's on Toro's webstie. The V6 version sells for $358 and the TF version sells for $328. They both have miyota 9015 with 28,800 BPH and as far as materials go, they both are the same...which would you pick? Is one more accurate to the original, as far as "little details"? Any particular reason to spend the extra $30 on the V6 model?

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=1566

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=958

The main difference is the way the V6 maker has dressed the Miyota... if you look at the 2 you will see that the V6 gives a better look of the gen 3120 movement behind the display CB..

Other than that they both have their good and bad points as with any rep... ideally you probably want both to make a hybrid

But overall at the moment I would say go for the V6 as if you change your mind later down the road its the better seller.. but on the wrist I like the TF but thats me..

So buy both, swap the movements and then sell the V6 case with the TF movement? :) I really like this model AP. Just looking at the pictures I can't see any difference between the cases. You mention that the TF is your preference on the wrist; any particular reason why? They look so identical, I'm curious to your reason.  And Thanks for the feedback! I'm new to reps and want to know everything that you know about this watch!

Quickly... I prefer the finish of the bezel and screws and thier depth.. the fit of the crown ... the AR on the crystal and the waffle of the dial and the cut outs plus the hand finish on the edges and on their arcs..on the wrist to me it has a better look in lights and with reflections etc... its hard to explain quite what that is objectively but once youve had a rep and a gen of same model on the wrist you get to know how a gen looks under varying lights ... sometimes its that alone that can make a rep stand out on someone elses wrist..

I find it especially so with PAMs and Hublots even the so called super reps are easy to spot.. but admittedly its highly unlikely that you will bump into the sorts of guys that would spot those sorts of details.. so the choice is yours mate.. ;)

However once you start learning it may well bother you... we are after all our own biggest critics and thats especially so with the reps you own.. and also your reasons for wearing them ;);)

Like I say they both have issues its just a personal preference

Quickly... I prefer the finish of the bezel and screws and thier depth.. the fit of the crown ... the AR on the crystal and the waffle of the dial and the cut outs plus the hand finish on the edges and on their arcs..on the wrist to me it has a better look in lights and with reflections etc... its hard to explain quite what that is objectively but once youve had a rep and a gen of same model on the wrist you get to know how a gen looks under varying lights ... sometimes its that alone that can make a rep stand out on someone elses wrist..

I find it especially so with PAMs and Hublots even the so called super reps are easy to spot.. but admittedly its highly unlikely that you will bump into the sorts of guys that would spot those sorts of details.. so the choice is yours mate.. ;)

However once you start learning it may well bother you... we are after all our own biggest critics and thats especially so with the reps you own.. and also your reasons for wearing them ;);)

Like I say they both have issues its just a personal preference

Awesome! I guess ill be ordering both and cherry picking the parts that I like more :) Thanks for taking the time to write this. Great knowledge.

Awesome! I guess ill be ordering both and cherry picking the parts that I like more :) Thanks for taking the time to write this. Great knowledge.

Only other thing i would say is they are cheaper at Ken Chazingtime or Ryan at intime

Only other thing i would say is they are cheaper at Ken Chazingtime or Ryan at intime

Just pulled the trigger on the V6! I went with toro and used western union for a 10% discount; ended up being the best deal. I also ordered one of the AP's on sale that he has:

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1386

What do you think about this one? it was only $208 - How do you think the case compares to the V6? (obviously the movement on the V6 beats the $208 model, mostly interested in cherry picking the more accurate/"gen looking" parts)

Edited by busetinha