When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolesium Yachmaster cheapie with 'new breed' high beat 25J movement

metalmickey

Inside is a 'high beat 2813' which I understand to be the clone of a clone ETA 2824. Who knows about its longevity but it is ticking smoothly and date change is perfectly clicking at midnight so I am happy for the price. 

Bezel is Crisp, text is sharp enough for a watch at this price point and all the markers are on square, as is the cyclops which magnifies perfectly. I've never been interested in lume but I noticed this one lighting up brightly in a dim room so presume this is super lume, as described. Very nice. 

Overall I'd have been happy with this watch if it had been twice the price. For the money I paid its a steal. This is from Perfect Clones and cost £110 delivered.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Don't want to burst your bubble, but the hi-beat dg2813 is not a copy of the 2824-2- it's just a dg2813 that has been reved up to 28,800 bph. Typical dg2813s rev at 21,600

The asian eta clone is the copy of either the eta 2824-2 or the 2836-2.

But the watch looks good, as does the lume

A friend of mine get the same watch from Perfect Clones. It comes with the new Clasp. It is the same Case and bracelet, like the more Version with an Eta. A really good Watch for 170$ shipped. Dial is a little little bit rosé

Don't want to burst your bubble, but the hi-beat dg2813 is not a copy of the 2824-2- it's just a dg2813 that has been reved up to 28,800 bph. Typical dg2813s rev at 21,600

The asian eta clone is the copy of either the eta 2824-2 or the 2836-2.

But the watch looks good, as does the lume

Hi, actually the movement is a 'Z2'. It's a copy of the copy ETA movement. Copy of a copy, as I say in my post.  Some members have found them in watches that supposedly have ETA movements. 

The dealers sometimes list it as a be breed high beat 2813 but it is not actually the same movement. It is lovingly called the 'POS' movement by some due to its high failure rate. It resembles a28xx movement in some ways but attaches with screws not clips and the click is in a different place. GenTle has a thread on it at the other. RWG, not sure if he has posted here too. SSTEEL is also familiar with them. 

Edited by metalmickey

It would be interesting to see a pic of the movement. I've had good luck with the 2813 lately, so I'd probably stay away from the 'Z2"

Here you go:

(Stolen from SSTEEL's post at RWG)

More and more members are discovering they have been duped with a 2813 new breed movement POS instead of the advertised 2836-2 ETA clone, so much so, I have come across many, and have had the unpleasant task of informing the owners.

I have labelled some photos to help one of my customers explain to the TD the differences between a eta clone, and a 2813, and thought I would post them here so you can check yourself too.

Its quite easy to tell if you have a 2813 new breed fitted. The ETA, and 2836-2 ETA clone both have dial feet hook clamps, whereas the 2813 has dial feet screws.

Another tell, is the balance area, there is a circular cut out, and no stampings whatsoever.

Another tell is the auto wind bridge, but this is only noticeable when you remove it.

Visually they look very similar, but they are far from it, the 2813 is a inferior movement, period.

Posted Image2014-06-02_2235 by Micky.!, on Flickr

Posted Image2014-06-02_2237by Micky.!, on Flickr

Posted Image2014-06-02_2237 by Micky.!, on Flickr

Posted Image2014-06-02_2239 by Micky.!, on Flickr

UPDATE - Thanks to Raddave on our sister site, RWI, we finally know what this POS Clone is really called. Its a....

SB1HRZ2

Plenty of info here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=79493&st=0

It would be interesting to see a pic of the movement. I've had good luck with the 2813 lately, so I'd probably stay away from the 'Z2"

And here is GenTle's post

This is just a refresh for those who may have forgot about this problem...
Some of the pics have been taken one year ago from SSteel, some I've found on the web and modified later.

Recently I purchased a watch from one of our member (IMPORTANT: I'm sure he didn't know about the fact that the movement was different than the one advertised by the TD), knowing it had some problem and thinking that I could have fixed it, supposing it to be an Asian Eta clone.

Unfortunately, when I got it in my hands it turned out that it was not an Eta clone but something that looks similar but it's one of the most terrible movement I've happen to see.
The "infamous" Z2 clone-of-clone, also called "new breed high beat asian", also called PieceOfShit (POS) movement. Real code is "SB1HRZ2":
Posted Image

It was in this watch, misrepresented by one of our TD: http://www.tswatchlt...c-ss-a2836.html

Well guys, STAY AWAY from that movement. It is really as bad as it can be. The escapement works fine (it can keep good time), but the rest is a disaster, starting from the terrible finishing of it.

Just a quick refresh to see how you can spot it in the following pictures. Note that what I write about ETA is valid also for the real Asian ETA Clones like the Seagull ST21

1) the POS dial is kept in place by screws and not by hooks like in gen/asian ETA:
Posted Image hPosted Image

2) the click is very different and really as bad as it can be: on the POS is on the ratchet wheel, on the ETA is on crown wheel:
Posted ImagePosted Image

3) the autowind bridge is also different: on the POS all the reverse wheels are not kept in place by a lower bridge, while they are on ETA
Posted ImagePosted Image

The first 2 points are the most recognizable out of the movement.

Look carefully and you may spot some detail that will let you discover the POS signs, like here:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Note that you can't just swap an asian ETA there because:

• hour or minute (don't remember) hand will be loose on the ETA
  • date wheel is totally different and will not fit the ETA

Also note that there are NO spare parts for it (and being a POS it doesn't even deserve them...) and also simple parts like the stem are not replaceable with ETA ones.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=104215

GenTle has looked at the movement in this YM and confirms it is the Z2.