When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Banned from RWI

swdivad

Bronica, read the thread a bit further, yes the mods called me on the tag, I never said the mods called me on the year.  If you follow the thread you will see that I corrected by posting a new tagged picture which had the full date, but the 5 in 2015 looked a bit like 2013 and someone made a comment  " did anyone else notice that it says 2013"   That is what I was referring to.  Seriously, read the whole thing.  You will see what I was referring to.  That was a petty thing, really as if I would take a picture on sept 2 2013 and save it till 2015 just it sneak something.  It was irritating as I was trying to do things right.  As for the moderators, is not putting RWI on the tag against the rules? Yes, but to put a hole on the auction?  I could see them asking to correct the tag, they do this all the time but to put a hold?    Yes it is their prerogative, for sure.  It just comes across like a cop that is trying to find every little thing that is not perfect to get you on, not to help you.  Either way, the whole point is that this forum is much more relaxed, in a very good way.

• Like 3

Bronica, read the thread a bit further, yes the mods called me on the tag, I never said the mods called me on the year.  If you follow the thread you will see that I corrected by posting a new tagged picture which had the full date, but the 5 in 2015 looked a bit like 2013 and someone made a comment  " did anyone else notice that it says 2013"   That is what I was referring to.  Seriously, read the whole thing.  You will see what I was referring to.  That was a petty thing, really as if I would take a picture on sept 2 2013 and save it till 2015 just it sneak something.  It was irritating as I was trying to do things right.  As for the moderators, is not putting RWI on the tag against the rules? Yes, but to put a hole on the auction?  I could see them asking to correct the tag, they do this all the time but to put a hold?    Yes it is their prerogative, for sure.  It just comes across like a cop that is trying to find every little thing that is not perfect to get you on, not to help you.  Either way, the whole point is that this forum is much more relaxed, in a very good way.

Hey Cavi,

I think you are getting confused with what i am saying and what the rules are. I have read the entire thread, the mods called you out on the tag because it was wrong, you did not have the year. That is why it was put on hold. If you read the rules, you do not need to have 'RWI' on the tag, that was not the issue. They did not say anything about the confusion of the 2013/2015, only some members did and other member then stood up for you. It seems your issue is more so with the members calling you out in the thread and jumping to conclusions and admittedly that does suck, but you're gonna find those people in any fora unfortunately.

• Like 1

Personally I have always found the mods on RWI decent guys and also very patient when I have made selling mistakes in the past...

Problem is always with any international community is that humour/cheekiness what ever you want to call it doesnt travel well.... and it can easily create an instant offensive or defensive response ... humour or the understanding of the translation of that humour into other languages or cultures can be a dangerous path and esily whats meant as a bit of fun can be taken the completely wrong way.... I think its better to remember the humour you meant to convey when typing rather than reacting negatively to someones misunderstanding... and a quick sorry and explanation is a quick resolution to any misunderstanding..

I always apologise if my humour does get taken the wrong way rather than question the other persons lack of understanding (which i aint saying is the case here)

But all in all I always found it better to just hold your hands up and say sorry (whether I feel i am right or not) I aint into internet warrior or faceless bravado or getting myself worked up over and about something I only want to enjoy and benefit from....

All in all there are some great guys on any of the forums and there are some total twats... there are good mods and to a lesser extent some poor ones...

For me its just a case of doing as your asked and if you disagree keep it to PMs other than that life is too short to make an enemy you will never meet let alone get yourself worked up over ...

But thats me.. :)

Edited by PeteM
  • Like 5

Gentlemen , I have said very little in this thread aside from rules are the rules or something to that effect and each board does it's moderation differently and are entitled to. So if you rather get a "how about a tagged pic mate" from me if you screw up without any holds, brigs, or whatever you call them just stay home/here. Just to be clear we are a smaller closer group here so I know 90% of you it allows me to be generous in the wild-west of busy busy boards w/ noobs abound not such a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...