When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Seiko Orange Monster - Domealicious!

Nanuq

I picked up another Orange Monster on a whim, and decided to punch up its presence a little.  So I added a shark mesh band, and started a search for a lurid huge domed crystal to make Raquel Welch blush.

Here's the result.... I like it!  A lot.  :tu:

seiko_008.thumb.jpg.5f9fcbc1442b15d813cc

seiko_010.thumb.jpg.aab5f49f30d4d33ff8ae

seiko_011.thumb.jpg.92e7a0bccc390310d55b

seiko_013.thumb.jpg.879c8e084e4a5883514c

seiko_014.thumb.jpg.321459836d1c89ac5d09

seiko_015.thumb.jpg.13134952934e6770d7d3

seiko_007.thumb.jpg.592f2c82f87e2a192b1c

seiko 009.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks mate! This beauty is cheap, rugged and good looking enough I want to wear it. I took it into the Rolex AD this afternoon and the guys all oooo-ed and ahhhh-ed over it, while leaning across the Daytona counter. That says something in itself! :tu:

Thanks mate! This beauty is cheap, rugged and good looking enough I want to wear it. I took it into the Rolex AD this afternoon and the guys all oooo-ed and ahhhh-ed over it, while leaning across the Daytona counter. That says something in itself! default_thumbsup.gif

What I like about you big B, is your ability to keep your feet on the ground and head in the air at the same time. It takes a very special breed to wear with equal enjoyment a sub $200 seiko and a $100k Rolex.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Like the watch.. and lurv the mesh... Orange seems to suit your jaundiced arms.. :);)

What mesh is that as it has some nice linkage.. I am toying about getting one for my Franken RM XXL but cant decide on which thickness, link, and style generally etc as there are so many choices.. just when I make a choice I change my mind!!

I take it N that you tend to wear watches like this to distract people from staring at your hump...6686deed228ee06b46540fb210b68b20.thumb.j

You got it cc, it's great underwater! Very readable with the Orange. It also passed a 10-bar pressure test.

The crystal is from Dagaz, and the mesh came from the upper hillsides of the Kobuk mountains where the air is cold and the villagers are quirky.

mountain_elves.jpg

• Like 2

I wondered that too, Legend.  If it was made of small hoops stuck together like chain mail, no way.... a shark would bite right through it.  This one, the mesh is made of a long wire that's coiled into a long twist like a Slinky.  Then the next length is another long wire twisted the other direction, and every loop intersects every loop of the previous "run".  So in effect it's a solid wire from end to end, looped around the previous wire. 

I took out one length of wire to shorten the band a smidgen, and I had to cut the end loop, then I had to "unlace" the wire and pull it through every loop of the preceding row to get it out.  It's a darn strong design.  If a bear bit me there he'd still crush my arm but I don't think his teeth would break the skin.

seiko_ar.jpg