When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Day Date 36mm president bracelets

koffie15

First of all, which type of DD case do you have? The 1803, 18038 and the 18238 all have a flat spot between the lugs http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODUzWDEyODA=/z/bKQAAOSwgQ9Vl3EG/$_103.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Later models like the 118238 have the typical round curve between the lugs. so you need to find your bracelet according to which type of lug design you have.

I haven't run across any dealers just selling the bracelet, so you may have to buy the whole watch to get the bracelet- buying a cheapo from Silix prime might work,  but it wouldn't be an A quality type of deal

You might also try looking for an aftermarket dealer like Riyi002 on ebay- presidential type bracelet w/o the logo

Lastly, try a WTB in the sales area, maybe someone has one they don't need. This isn't going to be easy!

• 3 months later...

Also looking for a president bracelet.

Did you managed to get a good source?

The one mymanmat uses look really good I wonder where he gets them... 
We probably will never know

If a complete bracelet is only 39 dollar it cannot be any good, its cheap crapp can we take such price seriously?

I got one from Matt to use on a build he did for my wife, overall it's pretty good, although it like all the rep bracelets are gold plated.

It depends on what you want to pay for one. I know that some watchmakers who work on genuine Rolex watches can source solid gold bracelets that are made in Italy. They are not cheap, but probably half the price of a replacement bracelet from Rolex. I believe that they use the original clasp with the Italian bracelet,and endlinks.

Like alligoat said, you have to know the model to get the correct shaped endlinks though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got one from Matt to use on a build he did for my wife, overall it's pretty good, although it like all the rep bracelets are gold plated.

It depends on what you want to pay for one. I know that some watchmakers who work on genuine Rolex watches can source solid gold bracelets that are made in Italy. They are not cheap, but probably half the price of a replacement bracelet from Rolex. I believe that they use the original clasp with the Italian bracelet,and endlinks.

Like alligoat said, you have to know the model to get the correct shaped endlinks though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How much would such a bracelet be price wise? 

I have been drooling for a 18K gold rolex datejust but had to choose to start with a "regular datejust silver" one.
Still interested in a comparison of the gold wrapped and the real gold ones, it doesn't add much to the look and feel except more weight I assume?
A full gold bracelet would be easily in the thousands Im not sure it really adds value in terms of visuals. A watch that is wrapper and maybe "just" at 1/2K max around the wrist would make me feel a little more comfortable :p

Would be very interested to see a president wrapped 18k gold bracelet compared to an original one.

Edited by jorrie