When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROO Rubberclad franken

Legend

This watch was built by spinmaster with parts sourced from A very ingenious contact having access to the ROO gen parts.

Here are the specs

- gen dial

- gen hands

- gen tachy

- double AR crystal

- thinned case

- modded case with new crown position by spinmaster

- ETA date wheel

- cyclops mod

- LWO movement donated from Hamilton

- strap and buckle from APbands @apbands

- rebuffed case by spinmaster

1d7b60efafc21ea10fbcac751fcf072e.jpg

2e36d666d6e5ced2345f3ed5852e50e6.jpg

a2b8673a9d174dda547f1c583965a7cc.jpg

25038154cbe4fb0f0d9ce44cb7df90a6.jpg

With some of its franken brothers

a1fa3a3ba6ecd0e3aea3fad5af217fa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's a joy to see what can be achieved at the top of this hobby, by individuals that possess the skill, vision and finesse to pull it off builds such as these. What can I say? It's a pleasure to be able to view these masterpieces. Really, it's an art. WELL DONE

Hey G, are you yet 21 and legally able to drink? :lol: ok ok I jest.. thanks for dropping by, its always a pleasure to hear from you sir.

Huge congrats, bro 

It's one my favorite ROO. Enjoy it ;)

The blue themes might be up for sale soon, its making way for another two incoming frankens which I am more inclined to wear. So if you're keen, we can talk.. ;)

Very nicely done. Those gen hands really complete the build.

Gen hands are almost obligatory on ROO frankens. The hands pinion stack is smack in the middle of all the gen stuff, and its pointless to build a franken and have the hands stack give it away right? The hands mod (trim, bevel and polish) is a good solution, but if you can, go for gen hands for each franken you build. You will appreciate the difference each time you look at your watch. Likewise for the date mag mod. Most ROO frankens have this small tell in the date font magnification, which is too small... so the ETA datewheel plus cyclop mod addresses this flaw, BUT creates a new subtle one, in slight font inaccuracy.. so you see, reps (which frankens are) would never be perfect. 

We can mod the watch to hell and back, and make it look darned good on the wrist, and perhaps visually 99% or even 100% gen like. But a rep will always be a rep, and a gen would be a gen. But we already know that, and that is what this hobby is about, making our reps as satisfactory according to our tastes as possible, and yet not crossing the mental boundary of forgetting it for what it is. The pursuit and attainment of that last 1%, or 0.1% of accuracy can only be achieved by going genuine. If anyone cannot be happy with 99%, then this hobby is not for them. I am happy with a rep if the flaws do not irk me each time I look at it. So give me a 100% frontal accurate franken with a mickey mouse engraved caseback and I would be happy with it. And no, I would not be taking it out for my friends to discuss the oddity of a Disney character depiction on my "luxury end high watch".

So to each their own. As long as you are happy with the watch, and am able to wear it proudly and with satisfaction, the opinions of your neighbors and peers need not apply. ;)

Sick car brah!

I drive this only occasionally bro. 900bhp and 1100Nm, meant for those days when Godzilla wants to chomp on some prancing horses and perhaps a bull or two... :lol:

Dayummmm

Ah thanks brother... time already for you to get some 

Huge congrats, bro 

It's one my favorite ROO. Enjoy it ;)

See anything familiar in the last pic bro? ;)

I completely agree with you. Gen Hands are a must!

Mr. A, i think you posted in the wrong section, isn't this sold to me? XD jk 

A very nice piece indeed.

Tread veeeerrrrryyyy carefully brother of mine.. one word out of place and kaboom! PAM29 becomes Pieces Are Many Tonight and RB2 becomes Really Broken, Too. :lol:

@folex

Mr. A.... Where do I start? I've been lurking in the shadows as of recent, but enough is enough and I have decided to come and play! 18 is the legal age in the UK, perhaps it is this low due to the depressing weather as a coping mechanism LOL.

Am I off topic? The blue themes is certainly a beauty and I too would love the opportunity to own such a piece if for whatever reason you lose mental sanity and feel so inclined to let that bad boy go!!

Your friend,

G-

Mr. A.... Where do I start? I've been lurking in the shadows as of recent, but enough is enough and I have decided to come and play! 18 is the legal age in the UK, perhaps it is this low due to the depressing weather as a coping mechanism LOL.

Am I off topic? The blue themes is certainly a beauty and I too would love the opportunity to own such a piece if for whatever reason you lose mental sanity and feel so inclined to let that bad boy go!!

Your friend,

G-

I remember for only 1 incoming Franken, haha 

And no, I don't see anything familiar ;)

We can mod the watch to hell and back, and make it look darned good on the wrist, and perhaps visually 99% or even 100% gen like. But a rep will always be a rep, and a gen would be a gen. But we already know that, and that is what this hobby is about, making our reps as satisfactory according to our tastes as possible, and yet not crossing the mental boundary of forgetting it for what it is. The pursuit and attainment of that last 1%, or 0.1% of accuracy can only be achieved by going genuine. If anyone cannot be happy with 99%, then this hobby is not for them. I am happy with a rep if the flaws do not irk me each time I look at it. So give me a 100% frontal accurate franken with a mickey mouse engraved caseback and I would be happy with it. And no, I would not be taking it out for my friends to discuss the oddity of a Disney character depiction on my "luxury end high watch".

So to each their own. As long as you are happy with the watch, and am able to wear it proudly and with satisfaction, the opinions of your neighbors and peers need not apply. ;)

200% agree!!!

This is very nice! Absolutely classic!! Congrats Al.

I have a franken coming in as well. It has the rep hands and I am getting the mikey hands. Interested in learning about the cyclop mod...

BTW, GTR is my dream car! But man at my age with kids in my family, I am driving an SUV...

so envious Mr.A

200% agree!!!

This is very nice! Absolutely classic!! Congrats Al.

I have a franken coming in as well. It has the rep hands and I am getting the mikey hands. Interested in learning about the cyclop mod...

BTW, GTR is my dream car! But man at my age with kids in my family, I am driving an SUV...

At least you MUSTS get his modded hands mate. Pointless going franken without the gen or Mr.A modded hands.