When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

lines of communications have been reopend so hopefully not a scam..

fitch

Guys, please be carefull, it's the second time this has happened to me over at RG and it really pisses me off.... http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=257171

edit: since this seems to be an evolving situation I have revised the title; it might have been a situation were one thing led to another and I was caught in the middle.. I'm hopefull it will get resolved (more info can be found below) and for those of you interested; I will keep you updated ones more info is available :)

Edited by fitch

I feel with you mate. Something quite similar happen to me too once. I learned my lesson and won't buy M2M anymore unless I "know" the guy from many postings and have seen some good transactions.

Its happened to all of us at some stage or another mate...

Either that or seized etc...

But I know you dont need to hear this but for the benefit of other users reading NEVER us PP gift ( I am contradicting myself here ;) but I do but only for mates)

To be honest the way the thread is and seller info etc I would or could of bought this too... so I can understand how you got fleeced..I just wouldnt have sent as gift.... as regardless of some opinions you can successfully use PP protection

I do wonder if the other poster who got scammed too didnt actually act as a catalyst in this case...

Yeah, the other guy to speak up I think was what made the OP go dark. But you cannot really blame him either.

Shame as there are quite a few 'good' members going bad. Generally, don't use Paypal gift (just have though for £20) unless you know the member and (a) trust them and (b) can afford to lose the money if something goes wrong. 

The modds over at RG told me he was banned but this seemed to have happen right after I send payment (I can only assume they acted on the other member who wrote the OP still owed him money). The topic is closed at the moment so I can't edit or update my post. I would like to do this as another member has intermediated and wrote that the OP couldnt get into his pm box and find my contact info, so there is still a change all things will work out for me because I got in touch with the OP who promised to send the watch out tomorrow... I'll keep you updated when I have additional info :)