When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Portuguese 5007 rep

fexofen

• 2 weeks later...

The ZF maker and V6 is planning to hit it big with IWC s coming into next year..

The ZF has spent a few quid developing a suitable movement with PR and we will be getting to see a lot more IWC reps attempting to be the super reps in the same way the makers id it with PAMs a few years back now...

They have also bought a few gens to work with and there is plenty to come on the IWC front with these new PR movements ... The only small detail is they are or will be 3 day rather than 7 but you wont be able to tell with the way they will be configured especially in models like the 5002 etc

The net few coming are the newer Top Gun Ceramic models including the Miramar then after that the Big pilot etc etc

These are totally new movements so dont judge them on what we have had in the past ;)

• Like 1

Excellent information. Does the ZF expect a Q4 2015 or Q1 2016 release?

To me mate I aint sure if you mean tax year or gregorian or Chinese but thats not really relevant (just me being a twat ;) ) so I will put it in a less twatish way.... You find the Chinese rep makers work to thier big holidays the one coming up now and the CNY etc plus to a lesser extent our Crimbo

These ceramic Top Guns 3880-01 & 3880-02 are right on close to be released in fact they are ready the makers are just sorting out the marking/codes for the inside of the strap thats all..

Once those are done it will be released so chances are it could be just before this holiday or just after the rest will come along around and coming upto Crimbo then either up to CNY or just after and then for thier summer national holiday...

• Like 1

I must say that I really appreciate the new approach to decorate the movements. But what the f*** is this terrible piece of metal on the center of the rotor? That absolutely ruins the decoration for me.

Edited by gasebah

I must say that I really appreciate the new approach to decorate the movements. But what the f*** is this terrible piece of metal on the center of the rotor? That absolutely ruins the decoration for me.

It's  a little larger than the gens part , but hardly a deal breaker for some of us

GEN

rotor-mount-002.jpg

The Y

IWC2015091902-07_enl.JPG

Edited by StormTooper4

I am a bit puzzled now as I have not seen it on any of the pictures of the gen movement. There is a video review of the 5007-02 here. I cannot see it there (5:50) for example.

Or here:

http://www.uhren-miquel.de/IWC-Portugieser-Ref-5007-05_art_7570_de.html

Edited by gasebah

Lol....no it says "forty-four (44) jewels" but who cares. It is a number. LOL.

And here is a pic of the movement. No strange scrap metal riveted on top of the rotor.

IWC_Calibre_5000_1.thumb.jpg.f9d8aabb54d

Edited by gasebah

You are showing the movement of the gen 5007. The gen 5001 really has this piece of metal in the center of the rotor:

http://www.uhren-miquel.de/popup_img.php?lang=1&AE_imgSRC=pic-art/IWC-Portugieser-Ref-5001-aus-Edelstahl_IW500107_art_1299_bild1_1368690991.jpg&AE_imgName=IWC+Portugieser+Ref.+5001+aus+Edelstahl+-+Detailbild+Nr.+1;+Klicken+auf+Bild+schliesst+Fenster.

IWC5001b.jpg

As I said above this is a rep of the 5001 NOT of the 5007! There are some slight differences between this two versions.

Edited by higginsd

• 1 month later...

My watch acquisition disorder has been in check for many months; I haven't even logged in to RWG since April. I made the mistake of logging in this morning to see what was new. Big mistake. Now I have to buy this...

Small issues aside, this is a stunning rep of one of my favorite watches of all time.

• Like 1

I was a sceptic in the beginning but now I ordered one myself. Just treat it as a 5001 not as a 5007.

I have ordered a gen strap as well Ref. IWA05285. I have a source that sells them for 210.- €. Definitely more expensive than a RIOS or the likes. But quite reasonable for a gen strap. In case anybody is interested drop me a PM: