When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Cartel 5512

Bart Cordell

I've been reading that the latest production runs have been shipping with the hands glued onto the movement! So if you have any plans to use new hands, a dial, or movement, you have to replace all 3! You can't even remove the hands to work on anything even if you plan to keep it all stock. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Are you referring to the JK Factory (that Ia also on display on other TD sites like Ryan one)? Hope no... I have one incoming and already have a 2846 ready to fit there...

Yes, that's the one. A member over on RWI has purchased several recently and all of them have come with the seconds hand glued to the movement, as if they ran out of the correct size hands and just started gluing another on there. He said it is beyond ridiculous and incredibly frustrating because that means if you plan to keep it all stock, any dial or hands work has to take place assembled.

I've been reading that the latest production runs have been shipping with the hands glued onto the movement! So if you have any plans to use new hands, a dial, or movement, you have to replace all 3! You can't even remove the hands to work on anything even if you plan to keep it all stock. Has anyone else experienced this?

Not the case with the 5513 ETA clone movement version I purchased. However, I modded everything anyway.

b5efe855fd71b8c0ca6fe712ad24a26c.jpg

• Like 2

Not the case with the 5513 ETA clone movement version I purchased. However, I modded everything anyway.

b5efe855fd71b8c0ca6fe712ad24a26c.jpg

What are the build specs on this gorgeous piece? Dial, hands, insert, pearl? This looks fantastic and is exactly what I would like to build. I was hoping to practice on the 2813 parts but I might have to go with the ETA version if the 2813s are all still coming glued.

What are the build specs on this gorgeous piece? Dial, hands, insert, pearl? This looks fantastic and is exactly what I would like to build. I was hoping to practice on the 2813 parts but I might have to go with the ETA version if the 2813s are all still coming glued.

http://rwg.cc/topic/181702-the-updated-cartel-5513

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm tired of over aged insert those days.
I feel better with a new Yuki. It's perfect !

5df5e66bdf296861344c5c7c9b686438.jpg2f54aabc0bd00a8381c2f8b3d41136ca.jpg904a457ca524778accc2665333162e6f.jpgee3fcd2d3579532aad517aea34481fce.jpg2a5c5d0b493cfea80436337b3bf879bb.jpg1ba37193a389319fd7d90f6df0a3a1c9.jpg

I still had an Athaya pearl, but I lose it on the carpet while manipulation. It's the first time I loose a part in a year of builds. Arrrgh !
And I love those new Yuran straps ordered for my 1675. They add a little touch of fun.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 17/7/2016 at 4:03 PM, jackflash said:

No es el caso con la versión del movimiento clon 5513 ETA que compré. Sin embargo, moded todo de todos modos.

B5efe855fd71b8c0ca6fe712ad24a26c.jpg

Hi friend, could you help me? where can I get this case?? and the others parts?? Thx very much