When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster Pro 007 Replacement Movement

Cache

I have three SMP including one 007 with good cases, bracelets, and dials but they have '21 jewel' movements. If I change the movement in one it will probably be to quartz since the dials look about the same and quartz is trouble free compared to the average mechanical movement. Maybe an Eta F06.111-3 or something but hands might be a problem.

Blimey mate...Quartz.. really... surprises me you would think of going for that in any of those...

The newer 25J asians are very robust and pretty well made.. much better than the older 2813s etc

I think you would be better only going for Swiss if the watch is a keeper and worth the expense

If not go for a Swasian hybrid or Asian Clone which you can pick up cheaper from a M2M sale usually in a watch that no one really lies and ends up or even starts out cheapish..

Or find a cheap one from the dealers as you can find some decent movements in some horrible watches that because they are horrible do sell for little dollars... and often discounted, in sales or part of special offers like buy this watch get this watch free which a lot of dealers do if you get to know their sites and dont just look at latest arrivals or brand sub sections.. etc

"Blimey mate...Quartz.. really... surprises me you would think of going for that in any of those..."

Yeah I know, I'm a turncoat. After many many years (too many?) wearing mechanical watches I am just about burned out on them. I will put a mechwatch on and try to keep it running (automatic) for a week or two then give up. The longest time I can remember wearing an automatic straight is probably a Frankenstein 5513 for a month or so. An old Zodiac Sea Wolf made it five days last week before hanging it up yesterday.

I like the SMP and since they make quartz models I thought maybe if I changed one over to quartz I might wear it. Today's watch is a Citizen Eco-D world time BJ9123-01A.    

Why not just but something like a Tissot PRC200. Great looking Quartz at a good price and then you can leave the Seamaster as is for when you feel like something different. 

Have a blue dial PRC200 chrono on my desk along with red dial (!) 200M Citizen 221-11984 qtz dive chrono, Zodiac 'Ambassadeur' ZO4102 qtz chrono, plus about 50 assorted chronographs in the safe including a few swiss Val/Eta 7750/7753 watches and even a few Alphas with SeaGull ST19 and ST19 powered fako Speedys and Daytonas.

It's not that I do not have what I want...I just do not want what I have. It's a looong story...    :pimp: