When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am I acting weird?

gasebah

Bought this the other day as a home for the TC Yachtmaster I have in the queue. 100 € for a box and some cloth to put a fake watch in.

Sometimes I ask myself if this is sound behaviour for a 50 year old grown up with a decent job and a family.

Can someone assure me I am still sane.YM_Box.thumb.JPG.4b548a0f1e66119d7e211d5

Edited by gasebah

Well it wasn't £100 but 100€. Nevertheless too much for a rep box. Can you point me to the flaws that make you recognize this? As the seller is quite accesible to me. And when it holds true that this is not a gen box I will raise hell with him.

I will check. But it would really surprise me as the guy is a trusted seller at ebay, with 100% positive ratings. Nevertheless even these guys get scammed every once in a while. Maybe he did not have bad intentions. But me....don't mess with a guy that is officially not sane.... 

OK. There is varnished wood all around. I checked a lot of photos and serial references on the net. It is the correct box for a 2003 16622. The insert maybe after market though. I cannot say for sure. But if it is a rep it is good enough for me.

• Like 1

Well, clearly you appear to have stepped off the bus and have gone batshit crazy, but hey, welcome to the club and hold your head high. You are a unique traveller of space and time. Congrats!

• Like 1

My reaction was the box was rep..or certainly from that pic the cloth inner etc... though many guys mix and match old gen boxes with rep accessories etc...

For me the only box worth buying is a branded multi watch box like the OP 6 or 12 watch display box etc...

Other than that they are only good for pics and even when it comes to selling it can be a PIA...

But each to their own ...thats what makes this hobby so great and so appealing as you can go as little and/or as far as you want and no one can be critical of it as its a very personal thing just like an opinion...

Best of luck to you mate..if it brings you pleasure then just enjoy it ... Never try to justify it to yourself and certainly not to others :)

My reaction was the box was rep..or certainly from that pic the cloth inner etc... though many guys mix and match old gen boxes with rep accessories etc...

For me the only box worth buying is a branded multi watch box like the OP 6 or 12 watch display box etc...

Other than that they are only good for pics and even when it comes to selling it can be a PIA...

But each to their own ...thats what makes this hobby so great and so appealing as you can go as little and/or as far as you want and no one can be critical of it as its a very personal thing just like an opinion...

Best of luck to you mate..if it brings you pleasure then just enjoy it ... Never try to justify it to yourself and certainly not to others :)

You are correct regarding the justification thing. But now you got me interested. Can you point me to the displays you are referring to?