When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1st PAM 111 Noob, Toro

Guest dinosaur1

Guest dinosaur1

Love the watch!!! Toro is great to deal with. I ended up going with the black leather without the white stitching.

The only concern I have is why the leather strap started to crease after wearing the watch a couple of times only.

deb6d74ae48260d42912ecbee4596765.jpg

24d49ae0965ddd5de653546406a50fb9.jpg

40382ab286de047973cc63dd45729d66.jpg

bd802761a82322387360c826015ae10d.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Frankly, you should exchange the leather strap to something of better quality anyway. The PAM is a super rep, but the cheap rep strap will give it away. The first thing I did with all my PAM was exchanging the strap before I even put the watch on my wrist for the first time.For some I even bought  a gen strap which costs about as much as the watch itself. But it makes a world of difference.IMG_0482.thumb.jpg.c683a97e25c02439ee64f 

Edited by gasebah

Guest dinosaur1

Frankly, you should exchange the leather strap to something of better quality anyway. The PAM is a super rep, but the cheap rep strap will give it away. The first thing I did with all my PAM was exchanging the strap before I even put the watch on my wrist for the first time.For some I even bought  a gen strap which costs about as much as the watch itself. But it makes a world of difference./uploads/monthly_2015_09/IMG_0482.jpg.66514f4948da1bcc087a06fa99708a20.jpg" rel="external nofollow">IMG_0482.thumb.jpg.c683a97e25c02439ee64f8f6ff0b4a8b.jpg 

I'm not sure how it would give it away when on Panerai's website they have these same watches with the same exact looking strap. Is yours a croc strap? I dislike that white stitching, but I'm sure I could find something else. Black goes with everything.

Well, maybe it is just an opinion, but photos usually don't do straps justice. I have to admit that I don't own a 111 and I have not seen the rep strap in person. But all the rep straps I have seen so far look ok on the TD's website, but are an easy tell in real life. They scream rep from a mile away. There might be exceptions, but that is my experience.

And yes, mine is a gator strap. I am not saying that  this is what you should get. It was just an example how a strap makes a watch.

Guest dinosaur1
Well, maybe it is just an opinion, but photos usually don't do straps justice. I have to admit that I don't own a 111 and I have not seen the rep strap in person. But all the rep straps I have seen so far look ok on the TD's website, but are an easy tell in real life. They scream rep from a mile away. There might be exceptions, but that is my experience.

And yes, mine is a gator strap. I am not saying that  this is what you should get. It was just an example how a strap makes a watch.

From the pic mine looks fake your saying? Gator is what I would like, just a different style.