When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this sub 5513 ever existed?

ThePunisherXIX

Interesting, the serial number is from 1965/66, but case back is from 68 and the dial is an earlier format.  Pictures are terrible so it is tough to tell.  I have seen other logo dials but I could not find one when searching for a 5513 reference with the "Arab Shield".  

Hmmm... there have been many different Arabic dials over the years but I have never seen one quite like that before. I would maybe err on the side of caution.

Edited by gemballa

I would have to be skeptical about this one. Just doesn't look correct to me. Bad photos, engraving between the lugs looks like they are worn out, dial is suspect. Too many alarm bells!

Also the seller has a GMT 1675 for sale that looks like it has a gold numbered insert, and the photos are equally bad. Case is really beat up, pitting and no engraving between the lugs Also the Caseback engraving of the year looks like someone obliterated it with a chisel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Punched papers on something this old? Weren't they penned and inked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, but as we have seen, it's possible to fake anything these days!!

Time, patience, ingenuity and the right equipment and you can reproduce most anything..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...