When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 Caseback

HaydenM

Hi All,

Anybody know a good source for a gen-like caseback for a cartel 1675 unlike the bubble like back that comes with it?

Thanks in advance,

HaydenM

If I remember we used a 5513 CB from rafflestimes. Much flatter. Watch is out being serviced or I would get you some pics. Check Rolex Addicts area over on Repgeek he has a thread with this info.

C'mon, Mr. Freeze, he does have a squirrel humpin' his ear for an excuse! 

I didn't realize a gen was thin.  I have engraved a couple of the HR case backs and they were almost a no-go due to being so thin...

• Like 1

I actually dented mine pretty badly using a press to seat a retaining ring. I got it sorta flat again but probably need to send it to you so you can use a brass squared off blank to press it REALLY flat again.

I've got a 20 ton press so it could go one of two ways!  :Jumpy:

I've turned Delrin dies that put the pressure on the edge of the case-back so don't ned to worry about denting anything...

"Roger that, I can dent the case back on my gen 1675 with my thumb."

The average 1970s 1675 case back is around .9mm thick in the center depending on wear. Just now measured a few repsub etc case backs...one new 'shitinerand' was .9mm, , another was .74mm. An unsigned '21 jewel' sub case back from a guy called 'Cal' 15 or 17 years ago was 1.15mm, this case is built like a Sherman tank with a hole in the case top at 12 with a coil spring and plunger that ratchets against notches machined in the spring wire mounted rotating bezel. These things are Nanuq proof. Maybe.

Checked a 10+ year old swisseta 'shitinerand' yacht-molester and it was .84mm. 

A sapphire crystal Exp II swisseta case from 'River' 12 or 14 years ago was 1.55mm thick. An MBK 'polex' 5513 was 1.75mm, and a DW 5513 was 1.15mm. The case back with the best lettering in the assortment above is the DW.

A two year old 5513 case back from Yuki is 1.2mm thick and has the best lettering of the bunch.

...but everyone knows 'shitinerands' are still the absolute best because they are hand made by Elves in the small swiss alps town known as Gelena.   :pimp:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I love the black bezel on the 1675, beautiful

As do I, it wears a bit more understated which I love. It's wearing quite a bit more comfortable with the new caseback. Only things left in the near future for this watch is to fix the hands (the GMT hand is off by about half an hour) and then figure out how to change the crystal.