When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ideas?

cavi

I bought a SM Rolex  M2M.  the idea was to give it to my son as it was inexpensive, it was presented as a daily beater with a 2813 that "ran like a top"    I received it today and right out of the box it was not running.  The crown was not fully screwed down so I screwed it down and still nothing, shook it a bit and nothing, unscrewed the crown and tried to manually wind, but when winding it felt like I was feeling a snapping feel with every rotation as if it was catching on something.  After quite a bit of fiddling and banging it started when I finally slapped it face down on my palm.  I let it run for about half an hour then tried to set it, and again when tightening the crown down I felt the snapping and the watch stopped again, so another small slap to my palm and it is running again.

Ideas?

Well, since this one is apparently dead, then it's going to need changing, as it is not usable in it's present form. I believe Matt was the one that said the only way to overhaul this movement was to remove it, place it on a sturdy surface and hit it smack in the middle with a large hammer!! Then replace it with something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No it is not dead, it is running, but when you lock the crown down you feel a snapping.  Once locked down all appears normal.  Once I finally had it going, it only stopped again the first time I set it, after that it has been going for a couple of hours.  I even did pull the crown back out to lube it, it did do the snapping thing when screwing it down but it did not stop....