When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem watch toro omega po roter dont swing

Hetlijk2

OP, you are being a bit inflexible and unrealistic here.  We all realize that you got a bad watch, and honestly I agree that Toro should have caught it, he even said so, but we are all human and it slipped by so cut him some slack, send the thing back get your refund and be done with it.  Sorry stuff happens in this hobby, we all know it and accept it.

This ain't Amazon and yes you are going to out a few bucks mate, price/chance you take to get 4-5 thousand dollar watch for 350 or so. To echo past sentiments, yes it should have been caught but sh*t happens and Toro as usual is being a stand-up guy.  But read panerai153's posts dealers at mercy of factory on movements. All in all the guys have tried to help you ,steel tried to fix but hopeless case this should show you it is a tough game but plenty of good people in it to help out. It is unfortunate you got a bad one first time out but that happens from time to time to all of us, welcome to the rep game.

Edited by Mike on a bike

man, you are lucky you are not on one of the other forums.  You might want to consider getting a casio from Amazon, they will have a great warranty, Amazon has free shipping and it will work as long as the battery is good.........Sorry, I could not resist.

Seriously, toro is a good guy and he will do right by you, then buy another and you will be a happy camper...

I have emailed you the address in Spain to ship the bracelet, I will be shipping the watch parts tomorrow, and let you and Toro the tracking info, I suggest you do the same once the bracelet is on its way to his watch guy, the sooner they arrive, the sooner you can get some money back so you can get yourself another rep.

@hetlijk2 you should really listen to what is being posted here. Your expectations are far too high, you do realise that you are not dealing with large corporations, yes? You have found the rep forum consisting of gentlemen members, if you were elsewhere you'd have been thrown to the wolves and would either have been banned or have left disillusioned and of your own free will. 

Now, rep watches are great, they offer the experience of a high end timepiece at a fraction of the cost. However there are several caveats that go along with this. Do not expect an AD experience. Never, NEVER use Paypal dispute. Accept that the watches can and do go wrong and you'll be needing to get things fixed - you won't get a 12/18/24 month warrantee. 

You've had, what I consider, great service from Toro and Micky, so just suck up the costs and mark it down to the cost of rep ownership. I guess the initial price of buying a rep is only part of its ownership. Many people factor in a service when buying a new watch. 

I was going to say maybe you should by from M2M, but I for one would be apprehensive about dealing with you. Temper your expectations and you'll get some nice watches and will enjoy the experience, if you don't you'll soon get frustrated and leave. 

Edited by kernow

Hello

Look i'm not happy with it it will cost me extra money :*(

Hello newbie and welcome to the rep hobby. Buying reps from dealers takes patience and luck, and problems like these sometimes occur.

The way I look at it, your options are as follows:

a. Send watch back to Toro for replacement/repair

b. Send watch to a watchsmith in Europe. SSteel and GenTle are good guys and can help you out.

c. Sell it as a defective watch at a loss.

d. Do nothing and put it in a drawer

e. Wear it as a bracelet or use it as a paperweight.

Except for option E, the rest of the options are going to cost you varying amounts of money. I would advise option b. That way, you can get the watch serviced as well. The ETA-2836 that came with the watch probably needs lots of cleaning and servicing. Think of it as money spent to get a better watch. 

Rather than sit here and scoff at you and offer you armchair advice, I will even offer to pay 50% of your servicing fee, if you send them to either SSteel or Gentle. Like I said, both are very good guys and you would be a fool to turn them down. It is your best way forward. Think of spending a bit extra not just to get the same watch, but a better watch. If you want to continue spending time to whine and kick like a baby, I AM going to scoff at you. My offer of 50% subsidy stands. Stop whining already please. Its achieving nothing except using up bandwidth on this forum. ;)

I will return normal the bracelet today back to toro guys to get my f refund :) and i will buy from a another td :) thank you for alyour help 

One TD or another, the watch is going to be from the same factory, with potentially the same problems. 

Toro was not the problem. If you want to enjoy this hobby, you need to adjust your expectations and manage them well.

Else you will soon find yourself running out of TDs.

Hi Alvin, thanks for the nice words, but this I think needs a clarification: I never (and most probably never will) have worked on watches that are not mine or in my very small circle of "real life" friends.

I have seen far too many members (last 2 this week over the tractor RWG) trying to help tinckering, then doing some business with members and finally going bad, that definitively I want to keep this as an hobby and not deal with "due dates", unrealistic expectations, unrealistic schedules and so on.

I am sure you'll understand :)

Or everything, by making a chargeback

It happens to me a couple of times a month

The guys who do charge backs should be named and shamed. If he could do this to a dealer, he could just as easily do that for anyone else he deals with. 

OP, no offense but you're making the Belgians look bad. It does NOT cost 40€ to ship a watch and bracelet inside the EU from Belgium. Adjust your expectations and learn to work with the (great) solutions that are being offered. As others have mentioned, buying a rep is NOT like buying a watch in a store, and you will be disappointed from time to time. That's the nature of the hobby.

For reference, I can confirm the OP did indeed pay €40 euros to ship his watch to me (I recall the packaging/post stamp), I'm guessing he didn't choose the cheapest option, it did arrive here in a few days, so no doubt paid more for a faster service.

OP, it has become abundantly clear that you do not have the stomach for this hobby. If you are always tight on funds, then this hobby is a bad choice, for you will go broke! Shipping, is the cost of enjoying this hobby, and the occasional dud and customs seizures are its risks.

As many have suggested, take your refund and walk away... don't look back! Come back when you're ready. We'll still be here to help you when you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk