When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New AP Diver in Venice

sacsah1

Hahaha no no guys. Here is what I had written but for some bizzare reason it got deleted or I accidentally deleted it.

I went to the AP boutique in venice and had a chance to try their new AP diver with open case back.

First thing I immediately noticed was the difference in dial. We know the older version dial had these tiny tapissiere lines, well the open case back doesnt. It is very similar to the ceramic diver with just squares. I know rep factories are selling open case back divers but with the wrong dial.

Also the inner bezel numbers are more squarish and there is a definite space between the numbers, unlike older version where the numbers on the bezel were alms touching each other. Then the lume application, I have to say, it is not as good as the old version where you had this 3D effect with double lines. If rep factories want they can easily easily copy the new lume application.

Then the endlinks. They seemed very flimsy. I think my diver had tighter endlinks then the gen. Gen endlinks create this ugly gap between the case and the lugs that it almost makes it look like they are loose.

Lastly the price. Besides the beautiful movement, the watch didn't seem worth $17000. I rather buy couple of rolexes or the gen iwc, pictured above, with their new cal 52 movement.

It is a pretty decent watch, but it's not 17000.00 or even 14450.00 decent. 14450.00 walk out the door, no tax no duty was the price I was quoted today as well.

Another point. Which I forgot to mention in my AP Diver thread, was the cyclops AR. Not having mine to compare it to, makes it difficult, but even though the cyclops is supposed to be well AR'ed, I don't think it is any better than mine with the stock cyclops and guru Crystal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is a pretty decent watch, but it's not 17000.00 or even 14450.00 decent. 14450.00 walk out the door, no tax no duty was the price I was quoted today as well.

Another point. Which I forgot to mention in my AP Diver thread, was the cyclops AR. Not having mine to compare it to, makes it difficult, but even though the cyclops is supposed to be well AR'ed, I don't think it is any better than mine with the stock cyclops and guru Crystal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. As for the cyclops, I think the rep can definitely benefit from a better AR coating but it's not a must.

I have to say, Jasonbaylee, you will be really happy with your AP diver!