When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Spitfire Rep - sunken DateWheel? Intime

508-Fanatic

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this piece I'm considering. I'm looking at several rep's from our TD's on this model, and I think I've settled on Ryan's (InTime) - the IWC Spitfire Chrono  -

http://www.intime.co/iwc/1530-pilot-spitfire-chrono-gray-dial-ss-on-black-leather-a7750.html

I'll be putting a nice custom Peter strap on it.

The question I have is - the datewheel in all the reps looks a bit sunken, this one looks to be the best of all the reps - is there anyone out there who can do a good lume job on this watch and make the datewheel nice and flush as per genuine?

Please see rep pictures, and genuine for comparison

spitfire-genuine.jpg

pilot-spitfire-chrono-gray-dial-ss-on-black-leather-a7750 - again.jpg

pilot-spitfire-chrono-gray-dial-ss-on-black-leather-a7750.jpg

No the sec@6 problem still exists. Some users owning exactly this watch already reported it stopped.

Not only the date wheel is sunken, also the date window has the wrong position too close to the mid.

Wait some weeks, there is a new version in the queue. Look here and here. Or take this one, it is a rep of the IWC owners forum watch. A real pilot!

Edited by higginsd

what Geof3 said ! :)

the dial is terrible even a marker is missing at 50 secs. the datewheel is the wrong color. the dial has the date window already too far to the left than the gen and still the date is too far to the left in the window not to mention that font.. . the proportions are so bad, my guess is the case is off too making this not a candidate to even mod or franken.