When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega on Ebay

magicpimp

I've been looking to buy my Dad a nice vintage Omega for a while. I was looking on ebay and was surprised at some of the prices. This one caught my eye, but am I going to get a decent vintage Omega for under $500 on ebay. Or are there heaps of scams/reps?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-OMEGA-Geneve-18KGP-ST-STEEL-AUTOMATIC-BLACK-DIAL-ROUND-C-1012-/272007512494?hash=item3f54e941ae

My dad likes watches and doesn't mind reps, he was looking at a few years ago on a family holiday. But I would rather get him a vintage gen first, then a rep of a nice new model later. :)

There are a lot of what look like vintage gen Omegas on eBay. They are usually quite cheap in pawnbrokers and watch stores too. I bought a couple of vintage Sesmasters; one full gold and one gold plated for around $1600 for the two. 

If you want to buy from eBay just make sure that there are plenty of photos - which you can post up on here for members to critique for you. Make sure they contain a clear movement shot too. 

Here's mine. 

385C4A9D-01BE-4E8E-931B-389DBF35DA0F_zps

Edited by kernow