When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying my next AP (ROO?)

Broker1981

Dear Sirs

I am looking to buy a replica Audemars Piguet ROO and I would like some advice on which model to choose.

My budget including shipping is usd 700.

I would like a model with a solid caseback. I have very big wrists with a circumference of 23 cm, so I'd prefer a steel bracelet and I would have to buy a few extra links.

What models you would recommend?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you .

Sent fra min ASUS_T00I via Tapatalk

The AP Diver v7 with a XL rubber strap (in your case) is the current best available.  Solid caseback, can be upgraded to gen high beat movement with a Tissot Powermatic 80 and the standard bracelet with all links should fit you.  Current pricing is $468 from TD's. 

Edited by mule play

Let's see if i got this right. USD 700 is a low budget?

I shouldn't buy a watch with a7750 movement but rather the cheaper j21?

And what does the abbreviation JF mean?

Oh, ignore the noob please. His advice sounded ignorant and rather condescending. With $700 you could get some very nice reps indeed from Noob, JF (they are factory/maker names) or member to member sales. 

I recommend Diver v7 or v8, because ur budget is tight. it means u couldn't purchase JF ROO

Refrain from giving rubbish advice please. 

First, for an ROO rep, USD700 is not a low budget by hobby standards, for any stock standard rep ROO.

Second, technically, the V7 and V8 divers both ARE JF ROOs. 

Third, you sounded rather condescending. That was uncalled for. 1st post and you are already acting like a fool. 

$ 700,- is a very nice budget for an AP mate. JF is a factory, just like Noob. In my humble opinion both are very good but JF is better but more expensive compared with the noob (they have a sale and you can get an AP for like $ 300) but keep in mind that not everyting is in stock :) 

I recommend Diver v7 or v8, because ur budget is tight. it means u couldn't purchase JF ROO

This is bullsh*t. ;) 

Edited by martijnp
  • Like 1

$ 700,- is a very nice budget for an AP mate. JF is a factory, just like Noob. In my humble opinion both are very good but JF is better but more expensive compared with the noob (they have a sale and you can get an AP for like $ 300) but keep in mind that not everyting is in stock  

This is bullsh*t.  

Exactly. It's like saying my friend Martijn can't get into a night club because he isn't well-dressed :lol:

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Thank you for your highly competent answers. I was happy to hear that my usd 700 budget is sensible.

What model would YOU recommend?

Replies are most appreciated. :-)

Absolutely respectable budget. 

If you want a closed back 42mm ROO chrono, there are plenty to choose from. It is easier for you to pick a few and put the links here, for our comments.

If you like the diver, go with the recommendations above, you would not go wrong.

Hi again Guys!

Ok let's see, I've found a few options. I would be most grateful for your input.

I know that replicas never are truly 1:1, but I'd naturally prefer the best possible version.

I have used Connie's site, if you know some other vendor that has a better version or better prices please feel free to let me know.

AP ROO Las Vegas JF

www.kingwatch.asia/goods.php?id=8271

AP ROO Rohne

www.kingwatch.asia/goods.php?id=8222

AP ROO Montauk

www.kingwatch.asia/goods.php?id=7838

AP ROO Chronopassion

www.kingwatch.asia/goods.php?id=6218

Thank you! :-)

I'd would say go for the JF Chronopassion or the Montauk. Just because I like those two the most :p
All 42mm AP ROO have some flaws despite that those you've selected are all JF factory so the quality is outstanding. I think the 44mm AP ROO have the least flaws.

If you decide to go for the Montauk (or any other AP on a rep leather strap) get yourself a custom strap. Rep straps are horrible compared to a custom leather strap ;) 

Edited by martijnp

I have looked at the 44mm models and I do like some of them, but how accurate is the inside that you can see through the transparent caseback?

I'd have thought that it would be the biggest problem with these replicas.

I should add that i actually kinda like this royal oak:

www.kingwatch.asia/goods.php?id=8344

What are the biggest flaws with the backside of this model?

I have looked at the 44mm models and I do like some of them, but how accurate is the inside that you can see through the transparent caseback?

I'd have thought that it would be the biggest problem with these replicas.

I should add that i actually kinda like this royal oak:

www.kingwatch.asia/goods.php?id=8344

What are the biggest flaws with the backside of this model?

When it comes to a matter of personal taste and preference, you have to decide on your own, for specific models etc.

You are going to get many different answers if you post models and ask for opinions. And even if the general consensus choice falls on one watch, it still may not be what you are after ultimately. ;)

But accuracy wise, I could tell you not to mind the caseback too much if you want an AP replica.. even with the decorated plates, the movement would look less ugly, but still miles off from the gen in terms of details. Who will look at your caseback anyway when you wear the watch out? I would be more worried if the dial of the watch is acceptable, rather than the caseback.

BTW, Connie is a wonderful dealer, I am using her, for 5 years now. Not the best website for sure, but ultimately what you want is the correct watch and excellent service and you can find both with Kingwatch. 

Nobody sees the movement while the watch is on the wrist so that shouldn't be a dealbreaker. But if it is for you you should get a closed caseback (ROO).
The 15400 is a fantastic AP and I really love mine. I would advice you to get the TF and not the latest V6F which is thicker and that's a no-go for me on a slim watch like the 15400 :)

The rep movement just a decoration, it looks nice but it doesn't look that good as per genuine mate.

The short answer, IMHO, is no. Currently the TF version of the 15400 is still the best, all things considered.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Nobody sees the movement while the watch is on the wrist so that shouldn't be a dealbreaker. But if it is for you you should get a closed caseback (ROO).

The 15400 is a fantastic AP and I really love mine. I would advice you to get the TF and not the latest V6F which is thicker and that's a no-go for me on a slim watch like the 15400

The rep movement just a decoration, it looks nice but it doesn't look that good as per genuine mate.

+1. The jf 15400 is pure disappointment.