When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some help choosing..

Tobliteration

Hey guys I've been looking at two 16710s at KingWatch and I think that they both look pretty good and close to gen in appearance but I'm not sure/familiar when it comes to the Swiss 3186 mvt.. Any advice as to which is closer to gen in appearance ( I have done my research) but any input would would be appreciated

This is the 3186:

54c38b8a9144aa9258cac959412219b1.jpg

a5c385967ea1a27f74638bba0ef731cf.jpg

This is the 2836-2:

bb7098c0e1c5eb17832262b1937e2f7f.jpg

c55f2c0ead3f30ec6e63444735ebf456.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry let me clarify... I'm not worried about which movement looks more gen.. Just wanted to get opinions of which movement is better/more reliable. Also any input as to which of the watches looks better

@HaydenM

From a cursory search it appears that there is no such thing as a Swiss ETA 3186, my advice is get an asian 2836-2. It's a reliable movement that should be brand new and in a relatively decent condition. Avoid "swiss" movements straight from he dealer as they're not new and often cobbled together between ETA and Asian ETA parts while being notorious for having problems. Get the Asian 2836-2, I've one ticking on my wrist as I write this and in the rare case that it was to die then it's an easy swap for a swiss one.

Can you explain what this means please? Lol

the metal ring between the crystal and the dial slopes giving it an appearance of being not unlike a cooking wok.

some reps have this issue

to make sure yours doesnt best way to check for sure is to get a picture of the watch straight on. laying flat. post it here.

out of those 2 you posted the first one looks best

I chose the second one because of availability and also from the looking around I did at gens I felt the 2nd one looked a bit better and more gen like for the model/year . Crown on dial and also cgs etc.. But now I'm freaking about receiving a wok! Lol

• 5 weeks later...
if the second one is the same as this one, (watch the video) correct hand stack

http://www.puretime.watch/product/gmt-master-ii-16710-bluered-bezel-correct-hand-stack/

then its the wokky one with the date window too far right

So I received the watch.. Was not the one in the video with CHS and thankfully not all that 'wokky' at least to me.. I am however a bit confused about the CGs and crown. When I'm wearing the watch I feel they are wrong so took some pics to post here and when I look at them they look fine. Can you give me your opinion? I feel I'm going a little mad..

Ps the watch came on a really really flimsy hollow link bracelet so swapped it for a jubilee I've had lying around for ages. The thing that's stressing me out about the CGs is that they are too long and the crown is too small???

Some pics:

667ca2c05f0446c4152ec2bfa1eeffd6.jpg

16992404f007a4f4a11617cac614cc47.jpga5035a8c0656967c27cf5dc83d00fea0.jpg

e42e252af4286c775376eb7f9f7cd8a5.jpg4ab1a9d50f4488962aa3498a0c918442.jpg