When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phong is now selling eta stuffs

cc33

Lol Phong never exactly cared about patent, copyright, etc... As all other dealer's, maker's .. He's more talented, has a better reputation, but let's face it, this business is illegal, producing those parts is highly illegal, selling those parts is a felony and buying those parts is a felony too depending of the country... But that is the game... Sometimes I feel that some guys forget it but that's the true. You can debate and argue as much as you want about the margins of the GEN industry etc.. There are some arguments.. But our hobby is illegal, make some western company loose money, loose jobs etc.. Without being catastrophic, this hobby is at least unethical ;) but so much fun.

• Like 1

Are these the same cases that we would buy if we were just looking for a Phong case?  In other words, if I buy a case from him for a project would this be the same exact case, only now it is assembled with a movement, spacer ring, dial and hands?  Aren't his cases this same price or pretty close to it?

Are these the same cases that we would buy if we were just looking for a Phong case?  In other words, if I buy a case from him for a project would this be the same exact case, only now it is assembled with a movement, spacer ring, dial and hands?  Aren't his cases this same price or pretty close to it?

Same cases but he got ahold of a bunch of eta movements and I guess made custom spacer rings to accommodate them... He has pretty much ran out of genuine movements so you can buy a watch with an eta movement and spacer ring now but still have the quality of his cases for less money then using a genuine Rolex movement

Edited by cc33

Same cases but he got ahold of a bunch of eta movements and I guess made custom spacer rings to accommodate them... He has pretty much ran out of genuine movements so you can buy a watch with an eta movement and spacer ring now but still have the quality of his cases 

Just his cases alone are close to this price. So you are getting a dial, hands, spacer, and movement for next to nothing. Is this is good deal?

So a Phong ETA is, what, a rep of a Phong gen rep?

:bangin:

No! Haha, it's identical just now the buyer has movement choice,, eta with spacer ring from him or you source a gen movement 

Just his cases alone are close to this price. So you are getting a dial, hands, spacer, and movement for next to nothing. Is this is good deal?

sounds like a good deal to me, I've always maintained that if you use a phong case with a gen dial or redial on a gen plate then you HAVE to use a gen movement, but if you want to use any other dial like one of his or any other rep dial then why not use an eta? Cheaper and makes more sense 

Edited by cc33

sounds like a good deal to me, I've always maintained that if you use a phong case with a gen dial or redial on a gen plate then you HAVE to use a gen movement, but if you want to use any other dial like one of his or any other rep dial then why not use an eta? Cheaper and makes more sense 

+1 There is no doubt that his cases are the best around and most accurate, I am not saying they are 100% perfect but from what is out there, they are the best. If we take the "second most accurate" MQ, his cases are often wrong in the smaller details, caseback engraving serial and model engraving fonts etc. are often wrong and you cannot be sure that what you get has been tested AT ALL.

Different stem heights. A 2783 would work though.

Are those difficult to locate, much like the 2846, or are they pretty easy to find? Do hands and dial feet made for an ETA 28xx also fit the 2783?

I wonder if Phong could build around the 2783 if I shipped it to him first? Just curious. I'm not in the market right now, but it would be great to know for future reference.

If he offers the 5508 I wonder if he also offers a 5510 or 6538 as an ETA package?

Are those difficult to locate, much like the 2846, or are they pretty easy to find? Do hands and dial feet made for an ETA 28xx also fit the 2783?

I wonder if Phong could build around the 2783 if I shipped it to him first? Just curious. I'm not in the market right now, but it would be great to know for future reference.

If he offers the 5508 I wonder if he also offers a 5510 or 6538 as an ETA package?

Dial feet on the 2783 are slightly different from the 2824. They're about 1min different counter clockwise. Just enough to screw stuff up.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk