When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heritage Piece; 1967 Omega Constellation

Sub007

The reason why I fell in love with Omega at an early age, this was in my fathers drawer when I was only 8 years old...as my grandfather passed away he gave me this watch which my father kept safe untill I was 18 years old...Now I got it restored. They fitted the wrong crown though so I´m getting the right one now and will replace that later on (needs to be a decagonal gold capped crown)

Got a nice thin black alligator strap mounted on it which makes it the perfect dress watch for me.

IMG_3012.thumb.JPG.db5fb32d2a4aaf819b6f3

Just love that pie pan design and the watch is so easy to `read´ because of the simple design. You can clearly see the Omega logo in the center of the Plexi

IMG_3015.thumb.JPG.40a9ffab16d30b7da3c42

Not the right crown for a 1967 constellation, although good serviced I specifically asked for a decagonal replacement crown but they did not find one. I just found one will have it replaced asap.

IMG_3020.thumb.JPG.85e9c66077a2e768453b4IMG_3021.thumb.JPG.079f027baf33a55df631e

This was the time when loyal employees would still get a `golden watch` for retirement. 

IMG_3022.thumb.JPG.a6f2bd10626589d5c13e7

Even after almost 50 years !!! there´s still some tritium left in the hands, hardly noticeable in the pictures but I can see it. I remember well as a little kid I used to fetch the watch from my fathers drawer...hold it in the light and look at at night in my bed. Mesmerized by that green light that slowly faded away...pure magic 

IMG_3030.thumb.JPG.90275c45b24085228248b

IMG_3028.thumb.JPG.0a431f33a098a2c3a41fd

Edited by Sub007

Lovely piece. I do like vintage Omega, although I only have one; a vintage gold Seamaster, I really should buy somemore as they are very well priced