When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Barrichello

Broker1981

Hi guys!

I was spending yet another hour or two browsing the trusted dealers websites. I came across the Barrichello model. I was initially somewhat sceptical about the skeleton dial, but I think I have come around.

I may not have the best eye for this, but I think it looks really good

What are your thoughts on this model ? Can it be fitted with a rubber strap ? If so, are any of the straps from the trusted dealers usable?

Your input is as usual much appreciated.

Sent fra min ASUS_T00I via Tapatalk

LOL I haven't really gotten the hang of this fancy app thing.

I would however be most grateful for your input about this model Legend.

I really do wonder whether I can replace the leather strap with a rubber one.

Sent fra min ASUS_T00I via Tapatalk

Was just kidding, don't mind me please. ;)

Ok since you specifically asked, I think that the RB2 is one of the most beautiful ROO reps in existence, out of the box. I would, however, recommend you buy a modded Noob one, instead of the JF model, for the more accurate date font. If you do pick the JF model, I would recommend you replace the JF dial plate with slaughterer62 plate decoration, it is a lot more accurate. Get the crystal ARed (profsteve's bailiwick) and the Noob datewheel would look a lot better on the watch if you could get hold of one. Then get a set of Mikey titanium sandblasted blasted bezel screws and replace the cheap looking ones the watch came with. Then, and only then, is the watch befitting of being a good rep of the RB2, IMHO. The JF model is a good base to work upon, but not a nice replication of the RB2 if you have seen one. 

Straps wise, this watch is a 42mm ROO, BUT it has different plots from the regular ROO. A friend of mine has managed to fit a set of regular rubber straps on it, so yes, one way or another, the rubber straps should fit. But this watch looks best on the perforated leather straps it comes mounted on, but hey to each his own.

I wish you good luck in procuring one, and I would strongly recommend you buy a modded one in m2m sales in RWI, they do pop up from time to time. The date font on the JF RB2 would drive you nuts eventually, Looking at the JF RB2 datewheel font, it looks like someone decided to play a cruel joke on an otherwise beautiful watch and placed a japanese quartz movement in it, before releasing the monstrosity to the market while snickering behind the hand.   

• 1 month later...