When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello all! New here...

Rolex5512

Evening everyone,

Stumbled upon this site while browsing for bezel inserts for my 5512 yesterday. Impressed by all the work that people are putting in to their watches. Look forward to learning from you guys. 

In the meantime I'm interested in a 1016 or 1675. I came across trusty watches and they seem to have some solid pieces. How are your experiences? I'm not looking to make any changes, do they need modding?

Any other site to look at?

thank you all,

Dmir

Hi Dmir,

Welcome to RWG! You'll find this is THE site for Rolex vintage builds :)

Regarding trustytime, it all depends on your needs, the two variables being budget and accuracy. If you search 'cartel 1016 rwg' on google, you'll find a bunch of information that discusses the accuracy of these cases, dials, etc vs other options (such as JMB's cases).

Good luck!

Welcome. If you're looking at Trusty make sure you use the links for our trusted dealers - otherwise you'll open yourself up to the possibility of using a scam site / copy of trustytime (oh the irony!). The TD's can be found on the home page. 

Thank you for all the replies. I've never built a watch and don't know if I am ready to do it. Don't have any tools for that matter. Just want to buy it out right. Hopefully I can find the right 1016 or 1675. If anyone knows of one for sale I would greatly appreciate it or where to look. I've been looking in the for sale forum. Constantly. New obsession. 

Cheers,

Dmitry (misspelled my name like a dork on my first post)

Dmitry,

Welcome to RWG.

If you are interested in 1016's you need to go over to the Rolex Forum here, and read the threads on 1016's. They are pretty popular watches, and there are some really nice builds discussed. The person that I really like for 1016's is a member jmb. He does incredible machine work and engraving. He builds pretty darn nice 1016'sw as well.

Dmitry,

Welcome to RWG.

If you are interested in 1016's you need to go over to the Rolex Forum here, and read the threads on 1016's. They are pretty popular watches, and there are some really nice builds discussed. The person that I really like for 1016's is a member jmb. He does incredible machine work and engraving. He builds pretty darn nice 1016'sw as well.

yes! I have done some research and his work is wonderful. I have contacted him and he said he may have enough parts to build a 1016. I am awaiting his reply, anxiously, on whether it will be possible. It was my bday on the 7th, wouldn't mind getting myself a gift. Hopefully it works out. 

Dmitry

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums mate!

There is a plethora of amazing knowledge along with some awesome people here. Take some time and do your research and you will be amazed at the things you will learn here, as I am still learning myself. As for Trusty, they are a great TD to go with I too have used them many a times never had any issues. Feel free to do a little review and post you picture of your piece of you do decide to go with them.

cheers!